I wish Cameron would fix T2 mistake

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by DarkKnight, Apr 13, 2012.

1. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Sr Member

I'd love a directors cut with lots of commentary and fixing the scene where the tow truck lands in the canal and the windshield pops out and later the T1000 pops it out again

2. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

And if he could digitally replace Edward Furlong with some other kid, that would rock too.

3. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Ever notice when they blow the hatch at the beginning of Planet of the Apes, it also blows out the windows.

4. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

If Promethius turns out to be as epic as I believe it will be, I'd like Ridley Scott to take on The Terminator story. Film it like they did in LOTR, same actors used in all 3 movies, and film it as one long continuous story that makes sense and has no inconsistencies.

I'd like that more than Cameron doing anything at all to Terminator. He feels he's told the story already and there just isn't more to it.

5. Polsnulspace

Polsnulspace Sr Member

Now this raised my eyebrows...........:love

Good idea mate as Termi is seriously close to dying on it's *. Yeah we know T3 & TS just didn't cut it but there is still time to save the franchise.....if someone who truly understands what needs to be done steps in!

6. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Believe it or not, that's the kind of thing I've thought about if I ever did a remake of The Terminator (I've thought about posting my ideas on what I'd probably do for remakes/sequels to films if I were writing and directing them, but I've always decided not to because of the fact that I feared how people would react to them. Let's face it, not all remakes/sequels work. I'm sure most of my ideas probably wouldn't). But, in order for a complete remake of The Terminator to work as three films, you'd have to streamline it a bit. For example, instead of the first two films involving Sarah Connor, you could just have a 21 year old John Connor in the first film. By establishing John from the get-go as the lead character. Basically, John gets protected by a soldier from the future and inadvertently causes the creation of Skynet in Part 1, tries to stop it in Part 2, only for him to fail (the ending of Part 2 having the nuclear strike occuring) and Part 3 taking place well after John has established the Resistance (with the film ending with them taking out Skynet, but not before the Terminator is sent back in time. But at this point, John figures out that by not sending the soldier back in him, the Terminator would kill him, thus no way for Cyberdyne to reverse-engineer the damaged processor, thus no Skynet, no Terminators, no nuked out future and history gets rewritten. However, the soldier, against goes against his orders and goes into the past, thus ending the film right back at the beginning of the story, letting the audience know that fate never changes).

7. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

The thing is... the future war is more exiting than what preceded it. You don't need to erase T1 at all, just start at the beginning or middle of the war in the new movie, then go to the end of the war in the third one to complete the circle by sending Reese back.

And for ****s sake... don't **** with continuity... actually study WTF Reese said during the whole T1 and * stick to that. (Sorry, shouting at stupid Hollywood writers, directors, studio idiots who think it's better to change things to make it their own)

8. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Oh hell yes.

lee

9. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes, but pleeeeeeease no more movies! Tell them to make more seasons of the TV show. I loved the show more than any Terminator movie and I was shocked when they cancelled it after season two.

10. Hovito loincloth

Hovito loincloth Well-Known Member

Is that the fundamental mistake that the time portals only transport organic matter like humans or flesh covered cyborgs or inorganic T-1000's .......no wait, that can't be right.

11. Polsnulspace

Polsnulspace Sr Member

Get Shia to play John Connor....that'll do the trick! :cool:thumbsup

12. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Sr Member

as far as Im concerned only t1 and t2 are legit, the rest were trash, and the problems are simple-poor writing, we've come so far w/spfx and its insulting ti have all that work wasted on producers writers and directors who must be retards- look at T3, some pretty good ideas, but lots of stupid ones, poor casting, poor story line, John Connor is a hero not a morose little freak, T800 "talk to the hand" weird ending that wasnt satisfying, ever listen for the soundtrack? oh yeah no real soundtrack, they trying to save money or something? TS a little better story but not great, too much thinking not enough action but better, I'm so disappointed that small adjustments to the orignals appeal to me more than * up the franchise with another crappy movie. A remake is only viable if someone like Scott does it, Sarah Connor dead? how about Sarah Connor held prisoner? Maybe they could digitize Linda Hamilton and make her younger to continue the story

13. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

Or at least his head....yeah, he could replace Furlong's head with Thomas Dekker's, you know the actor who had more screentime as Connor so audience would understand who this kid really i.....oh, wait no...no no, that doesn't usual work out too well, does it?

Never will understand the desire to iron out every wrinkle in fan-favorite stuff. For me the flaws are part of what make those movies so entertaining. Perfect films in terms of continuity bear little sign of a human hand in their creation and just feel to me....inert somehow.

14. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Sr Member

1 & 2 are real, 3 is real junk, a TS is like a very cool fan film IMO.

15. Too Much Garlic

Nah... Cameron was losing his touch with T2 and just wanted to do a fun, cool movie with Arnold, rather than go back to the nightmare inspired story that was T1. Maybe it scared him too much, so he had to lighten things up.

16. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Sr Member

Well, if you want to go there, no sequel to T1 was necessary or warranted on any level. It was a perfect self-contained story. Ever see the alternate ending he shot for T2? Sarah as an old woman playing with her son John's daughter & no war? Cameron must have realized that he was going too far into happy territory (not to mention paradox loop) there...:love

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  17. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

You are begging to get your balls kicked, aren't you? :lol

18. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Actually, it is. You see, all that a Terminator of any type needs to transport back in time is to be covered in living tissue. He never said how thick or thin the living tissue had to be. There's a good chance, knowing that the T-1000 needed flesh to go back in time, Skynet gave it a thin-layer of living tissue to cover it. In fact, I think some of it was destroyed from the initial shotgun blasts in the maintenance hall fight at the Galleria and the rest burnt off completely after the crash explosion in the aquaduct (think of it like this: Did you notice that before that moment, the T-1000 didn't do any kind of shapeshifting or repairs between the moment it arrived to the moment of that fight?). In fact, sort of a similar idea was used by Frank Miller in the RoboCop vs. The Terminator comics. In order for a Future RoboCop to go back in time, he covers himself in a massive blob of cloned flesh (primarily due to his size plus some additional weaponry) in order to head back. When there, he breaks out of it and gets out. Since the T-1000 is his own weapon and is average size, so a thin layer could be enough for him to get sent back in time.

19. terryr

terryr Sr Member

His hands were tied because Arnold didn't want to be the bad guy anymore. [ I guess he was eying politics.] So Cameron had to make him a 'good' terminator. And the rest follows from there.

T2 has the most accurate Nuke explosion in film. Sarah burnt to skeleton, sexual abuse, gory deaths, and more. But if you don't like 'my pet robot' then you don't like it.

20. Too Much Garlic

Yup. Absolutely want to go there.

Yeah... Bad To The Bone cool Terminator... EEK.

Yes... I have no problems with the effects. None at all. The story itself was just pointless, as well as the character beginnings and archs.

21. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

Arnold had already been the good guy multiple times before T2 and wasn't governor until 12 years later.

22. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Yeah..? Good guys not a bad guy.

But he did play a bad guy again. Mr. Freeze.

23. Too Much Garlic

Yes... and what a bad guy... :)

24. terryr

terryr Sr Member

[​IMG]

25. Knightjar

Knightjar Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If it's that easy, why not bring all the weapons through the same way? A light dusting of flesh and you can bring your laser cannon as hand luggage. Or stuff your plasma rifle up a corpse and you're good to go.

26. Too Much Garlic

T-1000 is just a flake on Cameron's part, not adhering to his own rules. Another reason to discount T2 altogether. .)

27. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

Corpse. [​IMG]

28. Knightjar

Knightjar Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fair enough, not living flesh. Still, they've only got to live long enough to go through...

29. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Or put an H-bomb in a cow.

But if Skynet did nothing it would have won.
    In T1 it built the time machine that allowed Kyle to go back and get Sarah pregnant. The Terminator also showed Sarah the danger was real.
    In T2 John thought his mother was a kook, until the Terminators showed up.
    In T3 John would be in the county jail for the veterinarian break-in when Judgment Day happened.

30. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Well-Known Member

don't think it was a flake, i think it was another of his ego trips in that he wanted to play w/ CGI etc so deliberately wrote a character to make an excuse for it.
    i remember a load of stuff at the time whittering on excitedly that this was the first film to do CGI morphs and the like, totally overlooking the fact that Willow did it about a decade earlier.

31. Too Much Garlic

Except, without the Terminator, Skynet would never have been built. That's the nature of that particular paradox.

Also... blowing up the whole of Los Angeles to get to Sarah Connor would likely also take out the very ones who are the cause of Skynet being imagined and built.

Skynet is a machine, but not stupid. It didn't need to send weapons back - it sent a Terminator, which, as you can see in the whole of the first movie is a weapon in and of itself, seeing as even IF humans went back in time to try to save Sarah, they would have a hell of a time trying to stop or destroy the Terminator - the guy who did failed.

32. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Failed? He got Sarah pregnant. Why do you think John sent him? John knows what will happen. He could have sent their top fighter. He could sent a reprogrammed Terminator.
    He sent the sperm donor.

33. Too Much Garlic

He failed stopping the Terminator.