I wish Cameron would fix T2 mistake

DarkKnight

Sr Member
I'd love a directors cut with lots of commentary and fixing the scene where the tow truck lands in the canal and the windshield pops out and later the T1000 pops it out again

If Promethius turns out to be as epic as I believe it will be, I'd like Ridley Scott to take on The Terminator story. Film it like they did in LOTR, same actors used in all 3 movies, and film it as one long continuous story that makes sense and has no inconsistencies.

I'd like that more than Cameron doing anything at all to Terminator. He feels he's told the story already and there just isn't more to it.

If Promethius turns out to be as epic as I believe it will be, I'd like Ridley Scott to take on The Terminator story. Film it like they did in LOTR, same actors used in all 3 movies, and film it as one long continuous story that makes sense and has no inconsistencies.

Now this raised my eyebrows...........:love

Good idea mate as Termi is seriously close to dying on it's ass. Yeah we know T3 & TS just didn't cut it but there is still time to save the franchise.....if someone who truly understands what needs to be done steps in!

Believe it or not, that's the kind of thing I've thought about if I ever did a remake of The Terminator (I've thought about posting my ideas on what I'd probably do for remakes/sequels to films if I were writing and directing them, but I've always decided not to because of the fact that I feared how people would react to them. Let's face it, not all remakes/sequels work. I'm sure most of my ideas probably wouldn't). But, in order for a complete remake of The Terminator to work as three films, you'd have to streamline it a bit. For example, instead of the first two films involving Sarah Connor, you could just have a 21 year old John Connor in the first film. By establishing John from the get-go as the lead character. Basically, John gets protected by a soldier from the future and inadvertently causes the creation of Skynet in Part 1, tries to stop it in Part 2, only for him to fail (the ending of Part 2 having the nuclear strike occuring) and Part 3 taking place well after John has established the Resistance (with the film ending with them taking out Skynet, but not before the Terminator is sent back in time. But at this point, John figures out that by not sending the soldier back in him, the Terminator would kill him, thus no way for Cyberdyne to reverse-engineer the damaged processor, thus no Skynet, no Terminators, no nuked out future and history gets rewritten. However, the soldier, against goes against his orders and goes into the past, thus ending the film right back at the beginning of the story, letting the audience know that fate never changes).

The thing is... the future war is more exiting than what preceded it. You don't need to erase T1 at all, just start at the beginning or middle of the war in the new movie, then go to the end of the war in the third one to complete the circle by sending Reese back.

And for ****s sake... don't **** with continuity... actually study WTF Reese said during the whole T1 and goddamned stick to that. (Sorry, shouting at stupid Hollywood writers, directors, studio idiots who think it's better to change things to make it their own)

... but there is still time to save the franchise....

Yes, but pleeeeeeease no more movies! Tell them to make more seasons of the TV show. I loved the show more than any Terminator movie and I was shocked when they cancelled it after season two.

Is that the fundamental mistake that the time portals only transport organic matter like humans or flesh covered cyborgs or inorganic T-1000's .......no wait, that can't be right.

as far as Im concerned only t1 and t2 are legit, the rest were trash, and the problems are simple-poor writing, we've come so far w/spfx and its insulting ti have all that work wasted on producers writers and directors who must be retards- look at T3, some pretty good ideas, but lots of stupid ones, poor casting, poor story line, John Connor is a hero not a morose little freak, T800 "talk to the hand" weird ending that wasnt satisfying, ever listen for the soundtrack? oh yeah no real soundtrack, they trying to save money or something? TS a little better story but not great, too much thinking not enough action but better, I'm so disappointed that small adjustments to the orignals appeal to me more than screwing up the franchise with another crappy movie. A remake is only viable if someone like Scott does it, Sarah Connor dead? how about Sarah Connor held prisoner? Maybe they could digitize Linda Hamilton and make her younger to continue the story

And if he could digitally replace Edward Furlong with some other kid, that would rock too.

Or at least his head....yeah, he could replace Furlong's head with Thomas Dekker's, you know the actor who had more screentime as Connor so audience would understand who this kid really i.....oh, wait no...no no, that doesn't usual work out too well, does it?

Never will understand the desire to iron out every wrinkle in fan-favorite stuff. For me the flaws are part of what make those movies so entertaining. Perfect films in terms of continuity bear little sign of a human hand in their creation and just feel to me....inert somehow.

Nah... Cameron was losing his touch with T2 and just wanted to do a fun, cool movie with Arnold, rather than go back to the nightmare inspired story that was T1. Maybe it scared him too much, so he had to lighten things up.

Nah... Cameron was losing his touch with T2 and just wanted to do a fun, cool movie with Arnold, rather than go back to the nightmare inspired story that was T1. Maybe it scared him too much, so he had to lighten things up.
Well, if you want to go there, no sequel to T1 was necessary or warranted on any level. It was a perfect self-contained story. Ever see the alternate ending he shot for T2? Sarah as an old woman playing with her son John's daughter & no war? Cameron must have realized that he was going too far into happy territory (not to mention paradox loop) there...:love

Last edited:
Is that the fundamental mistake that the time portals only transport organic matter like humans or flesh covered cyborgs or inorganic T-1000's .......no wait, that can't be right.

Actually, it is. You see, all that a Terminator of any type needs to transport back in time is to be covered in living tissue. He never said how thick or thin the living tissue had to be. There's a good chance, knowing that the T-1000 needed flesh to go back in time, Skynet gave it a thin-layer of living tissue to cover it. In fact, I think some of it was destroyed from the initial shotgun blasts in the maintenance hall fight at the Galleria and the rest burnt off completely after the crash explosion in the aquaduct (think of it like this: Did you notice that before that moment, the T-1000 didn't do any kind of shapeshifting or repairs between the moment it arrived to the moment of that fight?). In fact, sort of a similar idea was used by Frank Miller in the RoboCop vs. The Terminator comics. In order for a Future RoboCop to go back in time, he covers himself in a massive blob of cloned flesh (primarily due to his size plus some additional weaponry) in order to head back. When there, he breaks out of it and gets out. Since the T-1000 is his own weapon and is average size, so a thin layer could be enough for him to get sent back in time.

His hands were tied because Arnold didn't want to be the bad guy anymore. [ I guess he was eying politics.] So Cameron had to make him a 'good' terminator. And the rest follows from there.

T2 has the most accurate Nuke explosion in film. Sarah burnt to skeleton, sexual abuse, gory deaths, and more. But if you don't like 'my pet robot' then you don't like it.

Well, if you want to go there, no sequel to T1 was necessary or warranted on any level. It was a perfect self-contained story.
Yup. Absolutely want to go there.

His hands were tied because Arnold didn't want to be the bad guy anymore. [ I guess he was eying politics.] So Cameron had to make him a 'good' terminator. And the rest follows from there.
Yeah... Bad To The Bone cool Terminator... EEK.

T2 has the most accurate Nuke explosion in film. Sarah burnt to skeleton, sexual abuse, gory deaths, and more. But if you don't like 'my pet robot' then you don't like it.
Yes... I have no problems with the effects. None at all. The story itself was just pointless, as well as the character beginnings and archs.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back