I have a few queastions..needs some help

HIGHWAYMAN9674

I have a Revells Millennium Falcon, I want to go all out from a nice paint job ,shorting the sides and lighting it..the first question is what scale is this thing.. the second is does anyone sell a new cockpit for it that can be lit, the third is does anyone sell decals for it..I am going out and picking up some leds and a few other parts maybe photo-etched..or such
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
that is what I would like to replace with something nicer..thanks for the help

Not sure about the exact scale, but is is very close in size to the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon. Like maybe less than 1" in diameter difference for the saucer part

As far as after market parts, I haven't heard of any. There are plenty for the AMT/MPC/ERTL one and for the Fine Molds one, but they won't fit this one since they will be a little too big

Ok,,,
Questions,...

Is this your first Falcon build.
If yes it a really good kit to start with.

Soft plastic easy to mod.

Having built one when this kit was first issued. It's scale is between 144 and 172. Possibly 158. ??

Suggestion. Instead of replacing the cockpit interior mod it.

"does anyone sell decals for it."

Not really. I do have a post for decals for Hasbro Legacy, Rebel and MPC/AMT available BUT I would NOT recommend them. The mpc MIGHT work ,.. I did post a very basic downloadable decal set on the ref but YOU have to print and prep (scale) them your self. Free so,… http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233543

The issues with this kit are pretty much the same as the MPC/AMT version more or less.

Side wall slightly too high, mandible not toe in etc.

This kit WILL make a nice Falcon with some work and a good paint job.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=248382&p=3782679&viewfull=1#post3782679

Best regards

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!!I will scale down the decal set,and I built a Falcon in the 1980s and it was not a good kit ,I plan on getting a Revell FM repo 1/72 soon,so I am using what I learn from here to build a super Falcon for my collection..

Ok,,,

The issues with this kit are pretty much the same as the MPC/AMT version more or less.

Side wall slightly too high, mandible not toe in etc.

This kit WILL make a nice Falcon with some work and a good paint job.

Best regards

Just highlighting that the mandible toe-in is fine on this kit,....the only kit and manufacturer that demonstrates parallel mandibles are the FineMolds 1/72 & 1/144......(some say the 1/144 isn't as bad as the larger scaled one but they still are too wide)

Yep this kit is fine for a good repaint,....its details are quite soft though,....have you considered adding some greeblies & pipes etc

The recent TFA Falcon Level 2 by Revell is this exact kit with some upgrades,....rectangular dish.....new side-walls....new ESB front landing gear boxes,....retailing at £60

Looking forward to your progress

J

Just highlighting that the mandible toe-in is fine on this kit,....the only kit and manufacturer that demonstrates parallel mandibles are the FineMolds 1/72 & 1/144......(some say the 1/144 isn't as bad as the larger scaled one but they still are too wide)

Yep this kit is fine for a good repaint,....its details are quite soft though,....have you considered adding some greeblies & pipes etc

The recent TFA Falcon Level 2 by Revell is this exact kit with some upgrades,....rectangular dish.....new side-walls....new ESB front landing gear boxes,....retailing at £60

Looking forward to your progress

J
Are the side walls different ? If anyone out there has the new TFA version please post details , I thought it didn't have TFA updates .......that's why it shocked me the new price used original tooling , here's my original snap fit revell out of the box (during my non modelling phase ). I'll post shot when I can set up cleanly

Last edited:
Are the side walls different ? If anyone out there has the new TFA version please post details , I thought it didn't have TFA updates .......that's why it shocked me the new price used original tooling , here's my original snap fit revell out of the box (during my non modelling phase ). I'll post shot when I can set up cleanly

Sorry, just checked the Revell site & the sidewalls are unchanged,.....I can't remember where I'd heard that they had been upgraded.......but look at the fantastic paintwork:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%2010.34.23_zpsm0o736ej.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%2010.33.51_zpslg4kxkql.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%2010.34.09_zpsn9hcyqog.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%2010.33.29_zpsk7wgmjs6.png

But new landing gear boxes, dish & cracker paintwork.....all for a bargain of £60!!

J

Having built one when this kit was first issued. It's scale is between 144 and 172. Possibly 158. ??

is that the large easy kit version?

Size wise it is supposed to be around 375 mm (14 ") long while the Fine Molds 1/72 is around 432 mm (17") and the Fine Molds 144 is 216 mm (8.5")

Admittedly, the Fine Molds models are a bit small for the listed scale, but not that much smaller (or are they?)

Here is a great resource for kits available for aftermarket parts (doesn't have the newer ones from Bandai, Hasbro etc...)
It also has links to all kinds of reference material as well as graphics and templates that can be scaled up or down as needed
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,3397.0.html

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back