i did a little repaint on a bio

esdain

i bought this bio off darkpred months ago and didn;t like the paint up, not only did it not match my suit but it just looked poop imo. so i gave it a quick sand, repaired a few cracks. then i took off the hoses which i will later reattach. i didn;t bother to re prime it and just sprayed it silver, then using my airbrush added some black in the recesses and then a light dusting of brown to a few places.
i found a loooong time ago a pic of someone's idea for an alien tattoo, i cleaned up the design, a quick tidy on some edges in photoshop and then made a couple of stencils. once i hade the black and grey on and dry i free handed a few areas and then using a fine line pen put some details too fine for the airbrush.
unfortunately the top coat reacted with the thin layers of ink i used and it began to fade and showed the places i had added extra shading to the primary colours, but learn from your mistakes, i wil know for next time to make sure the coats on the inks are even.
also it is a bit big for my pirk eldar mask so it can hang on my wall

on to the pics, here is what it looked like before

IMG_2451.jpg

and the repaint

SV500028.jpg

SV500030.jpg

SV500032.jpg

no idea of the history of this bio other than i got it from darkpred, if anyone knows who's it is i'd be grateful

IMG_2451.jpg

SV500028.jpg

SV500030.jpg

SV500032.jpg

ya that repaint looks good i would weather it some if you are going to use it to troop at all

but other wise pretty sweet i like the xenomorph mural on the top of the crown that is sweet

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back