I could use some help with 3D printing

Well I live right next to Orlando, so I might be able to do summer abs prints in the garage, seeing as it gets hot enough to melt me in there. As for filament, I was planning on only really spending good money on exotic filaments after I have learned the intricacies of my printer

For ABS printing 100-110 works best for me on the bed. Ive had 100c beds where the ABS still warps slightly so since then ive just kept with 110c.... The bed heats the chamber so that 45c chamber heat is just the waste heat from the bed. PC wants to be more like 110-120 bed. Ive even heard of PC and other more exotic filaments wanting up to 140c beds.

Just to add there are such things as printer controlled chamber heaters... but normally only suported on special controller boards like the Duet3D controllers and custom printers. Most of the chinese printers run off a MKSbase type board, they do the job for the most part... but dont have much expandability.

Also i wouldnt bother with Amazon so much and just use ebay... Only because of usually free shipping... Amazon you have to meet the minimum spend and then still wait a week for amazon to send it out to you.

I'm thinking as beginning pla is the best to focus on. I've seen lots of stories about seasoned printers having issues with abs. So newbies should pla.

Yeah, pla was the plan for me. As for shipping, MangyDog, I have amazon prime, so free shipping and 2 day guaranteed shipping
Agreeded. I Havnt used eBay in years because Amazon stepped up with better pricing and prime.Shipping. I got a delivery today,Sunday .... No extra charge

oh if you have prime then fair enough :)
Sure if youre just starting out use pla, you would want a part cooler fan though PLA curls... cooler fans help stop that.

But be aware PLA can warp in a warm car, so dont print your prized props in PLA...

Yeah, I was mostly going to use the printer for random junk to put on my workbench, “rapid” prototyping, and custom mechanics for moving props/costumes. If I made something really important, I would at least coat it in some kind of resin and not leave it in the car.

Its funny actually i watch a fair bit of punished props on youtube... And I was watching a series of him building a large rifle from destiny... He printed it in PLA and when i heard that my alarm bells rang... Further down the line, there was the video. He left his rifle model in the car, and it warped to hell... This is one of the main reasons I use ABS... oh and I tend to use ABS over PETG because quite frankly... ABS is a better stiffer stronger more robust plastic, and has a much nicer and easier finish to work on than PETG.

PETG repels acrylic paint a lot more than ABS i find. Even primer...

The Tornado arrived today, and I got it set up in about 10 ish minutes, but I was leveling the bed for almost an hour and a half. Afterwards, I printed the tevo test print that came on the sd card. There was also a pre printed tevo test that came on the bed to begin with. I’ve been busy since after that, so right now, I only have a picture of the unboxing. The filament that I ordered also came today, so I have a picture of that, too.
AEDDBE98-CC86-468F-8C82-002E4263EAE6.jpeg 921C2BB8-60A8-4526-A5A3-06903927945F.jpeg

So, your first printings went well?
Also, does this version come with a DUAL Z screw drive?
What is your table (print surface) dimensions?
Post pictures of your prints when you can :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back