I come with tidings of Chainsaw...

Falco

ImageShack Album - 5 images

So. Been awhile since I've posted, but for good reason. I return now with a tiding of a running Evil Dead chainsaw! This baby is arm-mounted and can be revved up one-handed with the simple attachment of a chord to the shotgun harnass. It's not FINISHED yet, but all I have to do is paint it. I've decided to leave the top handle as-is, its just sturdier that way, but if you guys have suggestions for paint-jobs, or modifications, please give them here!

-Falco

Looks awesome man! I would suggest a wooden dowel as the pull chord piece, and maybe a vent piece as well, but I am just a projectionist and this is solely my personal opinion, but it really looks great man good job!.

Ian

No you are right, and I do intend to replace the handle with a wooden one, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

As for the vent piece... I'd LOVE to add one, but I cannot locate a piece that is fitting, that's been an issue for my static chainsaw prop as well:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

So if anyone has info on such a piece, I'd LOVE to complete the look of my saw with it!

An update, I've padded, the inside of the wrist cuff to make the saw easier to wear. I also have prepared the wooden handle for the ripchord, just gotta attach it. Still looking for a muffler for the engine though, so if anyone knows where to snag one, lemme know!

FURTHER updates, I've now successfully tested the saw out, and have made it fully operational for one-handed use! I have a video and will be posting it later tonight for you all to view and enjoy.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back