Hunk a Junk's Mando N-1 Hasbro toy conversion build log

Thanks! I'm actually reprinting the cockpit dash right now. I re-positioned its angle to the build plate to see if I could smooth out the layer lines and clean up the detail even more so I can drill clean fiber optic holes. It may be a fool's errand.

I was going for an 'old man's leather recliner' look. :D I airbrushed an undercoat of black followed by an overall medium brown. Then I lightened the brown to almost a tan and sprayed the highpoints of the cushions in thin layers where it would be the most worn. Followed that with Tamiya panel line black onto the crevices and then some white drybrushing going heavier in the spots where Mando would be scraping aganst it climbing in and out of the chair. The "cracks" around the upper edge were a happy accident. They're artifacts in the print, but the drybrushing makes them look like fold cracks. Sometimes the Gods just hand you a gift...

Revised dashboard print. Reoriented it to print front to back instead of top to bottom to reduce layer lines. It's better. If only I had a 4K or 6K printer...
IMG_0844.jpg

Looks great!
TinkerCad seems to be pretty darn good! I have been using F360, the individual, free version. That is more than adequate for custom modeling.
Nice work! (y)

Looks great!
TinkerCad seems to be pretty darn good! I have been using F360, the individual, free version. That is more than adequate for custom modeling.
Nice work! (y)
How is F360 for making curved and more organic shapes? That's the limitation with Tinkercad. It can't blend shapes and create gentle curves well.

I'
If there is, I'm sure it will be for all the stuff I've already printed and completed! :lol:

BTW, there are more N-1 3D print builds up on the U-tubes. They're all pretty cool and amazing, but I'm at the point where I've looked at the reference pictures enough to get really nitpicky about the details they may have gotten wrong. I watch them feeling like I'm a pedant about to correct someone's spelling!
I'm exactly the same, seen the fellow that printed a monster 1/10th or 1/12th and sprayed it with some sort of auto chrome finish all over then was a little heavy handed with his weathering, looks great but only the very front is chrome like the original yellow version, the rest is various shades of brushed aluminium in my opinion.

Just to be clear, I'm absolutely letting some errors slide on this build. The cockpit and canopy are not the right shape, but I chose the trade-off of trying to make the canopy slide open and closed. Besides, I'm really impressed that the other builds are finished and look pretty spectacular.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back