HP3 Marauders Map

So this kind of puts an end to creating our own maps, eh? Unless this Noble map isn't accurate. Then I suppose there will be accurizing sessions.

Hehehe Barry makes it sound like it's been around all along but it was actually just added to the website, and isn't available yet.

Thanks though Barry.

jheilman the pictures that I posted was from a original props display, the pictures are from the original map. For me the Noble's Map looks very accurate.
I have just saw that in the original you read ''MOONEY'' in the front, and in the replica ''MOONY'':rolleyes

Here the picture from the original:
2yv7785.jpg

Here the replica:
eknjur.jpg

Ooh, good catch. Was that a deliberate change? Probably. How many other "tells" are in the Noble replica? Looks like the ultimate, screen-accurate map is yet to be created.

I doubt Warner's would ever use the old map again if indeed that is the old one considering that "Moony" is the correct spelling while "Mooney" is wrong.

I gess, I'll don't work on my own version of the Map. I'll just buy the Noble's one.
But if anyone are interested to work on the map, I gess this will help:

20627bp.jpg

Enjoy:cool

Well a quick net search seems to confirm that the screen-used map has "Mooney" while many licensed replicas have "Moony."

Which spelling is used in the book?

Well a quick net search seems to confirm that the screen-used map has "Mooney" while many licensed replicas have "Moony."

Which spelling is used in the book?

In the Book are ''Moony''

The name "Moony" is misspelled as "Mooney". While not really a mistake, there is still an interesting connection. The film's visual effects supervisor is named Karl Mooney. The spelling was changed deliberately for the in-joke.

Last edited:
In the Book are ''Moony''

The name "Moony" is misspelled as "Mooney". While not really a mistake, there is still an interesting connection. The film's visual effects supervisor is named Karl Mooney. The spelling was changed deliberately for the in-joke.

Ah, that explains it haha:lol

I read that post earlier but it wasn't clear that you were referring to the book spelling. I thought you were saying that the correct spelling on the prop was Moony and that the pics of the "supposed" screen-used prop was inaccurate. Standing corrected over here.

So, has everyone ceased work on the map awaiting the Noble version? I will probably get one as the price is right. Also, purusing Noble's site, I came across this cool map of Diagon Alley.

http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=NN7469&catid=21

May pick that up too.

I have mixed feelings about the Noble Collection. They can do great work, but their stuff seems overly geared to trinkets. Too many mini props, too many keychains, letter openers, cuff links, etc. They have many items from the new Batman franchise but not a single item I would consider buying. Their LOTR collection is probably the biggest, but the best items are so expensive. I'm really considering the Aragorn crown. That's just too cool!!

was the Diagon Ally map used in the Movie? Because I don't remember see it before. I've also stoped on my Map Project and waiting for the one from Nobel. Did you guys notice that it's only 15.5 inches long? That seems a little short and also it looks a little to wide too. maybe I'm just completely wrong:rolleyeshaha

The Map measures 15.5 x 72 inches open and folds to 15.5 x 8.25 inches.
I gess is the right sizel, for me its great.
What were you wondering about the size?:rolleyes

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back