HP3 Marauders Map

I was just lookin at some of the maps on Ebay, and noticed that one had a cool feature. It had some characters with corrosponding footprints listed on the map. Will this map have this feature or will we have to add that ourselves?

Originally posted by TK-Fett@Aug 16 2005, 04:41 AM
I was just lookin at some of the maps on Ebay, and noticed that one had a cool feature. It had some characters with corrosponding footprints listed on the map. Will this map have this feature or will we have to add that ourselves?
[snapback]1058501[/snapback]​

I guess I could do a version with the footprints and names.

Originally posted by Scott@Aug 16 2005, 03:15 AM
Any update on this? I'm really excited about it and have been looking around locally to see if there's anyone that can print something this large since there's no Kinko's in the area.

Perhaps after it's finished, someone (even Anheuser?) could print up a bunch for people without access to a printer for the cost of printing + shipping?
[snapback]1058445[/snapback]​

I'll have the front done by the end of the day. Give me a few more days on the inside.

Scott, PM your shipping address and I'll send you a few fronts.

For those that want to download my version of the map you may visit my Flickr gallery Marauder's Map set

Marauders Map Flickr Set

If you want the crazy High res version of the map then email me at chad@drabbuh.com
all you need to put in the subject line is MAP

I will send you the no dividing line version of the map without parchment texture background.

If you want me to print one out I will do a free run of 30 prints (just the front) on large paper with the parchement backgrount and dividing line
ie:
34573917_06611f5e60.jpg

And mail it to you for free (lower 48 states US only)
Just send me a PM, first 30 get it.

For fairness I'll also post this in the free paper prop thread.
-Anheuser
Chad

You'll need a Flickr account and be logged in to access the higher res versions of the map on the site. If your not already a Flick member...where have you been?
34573918_4847fcaadd_b.jpg

34573917_06611f5e60_b.jpg

34573916_ed5ab2ad02_b.jpg

That's really looking excellent Anheuser.

I'm looking forward to the finished one, but it's great to see your progress shots.

I too would like to see character's footprints on the map.

When it's done, this will be a nice gift for my wife, to start her prop collection. I've been planning to make her an accurate Harry Potter wand for a while anyway.

Steve

I thought I would make this easy for everyone.

If you want the high res version of the map, you can find all of them here.

link deleted due to bandwidth limitations. Wow, that map was downloaded a bunch over 500MB worth

New rapidshare link

Sorry no rapidshare tutorials, it's not that hard

I'll post this in the free paper prop thread as well

Originally posted by Anheuser@Aug 18 2005, 02:29 PM
I thought I would make this easy for everyone.

If you want the high res version of the map, you can find all of them here.

High Res

I'll post this in the free paper prop thread as well.
[snapback]1060678[/snapback]​

Thanks. My daughter will love it.

Sorry, but it's going to be a few more days on the full map. I have decided to do it a little more detailed and it's going to take longer.

See you in a week.

-Chad

If it means it will be even better then anticipated, I can wait months ;)

Take your time. But don't let us wait too much :p

My wife and I just took the Warner Bros. VIP Backlot Tour and they had an entire floor of their 'museum' dedicated to HP props.

They had the Marauder's Map.

They also take your cameras and cellphones away at the door.

I was so crushed when I saw it and couldn't take pictures. It's absolutely beautiful in person. A few things I noticed:

It looks like each panel was affixed to the main piece. In other words, they got all the intricate folding and pieced together pages done on a blank body and glued each seperate panel onto the main body. (GAH I need the pics I couldn't take.) Also, the staircases were cut into the fold so that they were flat when folded, but go 3D when you open the page.

Like I said, it was BEAUTIFUL.

Some other cool props too, but that's for another thread. ;)

If you want real animal skin parchment look here

Otherwise I would suggest finding one of the better art stores that carries quality papers.

D6

Originally posted by division 6@Sep 4 2005, 11:30 AM
WOW ...
To bad about the pix.
What would you guess in the size of the panels?

Was it full open or just part?

D6
[snapback]1071358[/snapback]​

It was full open - VERY cool.

My wife and I just discussed the size. She says 14" tall, but I'm thinking 12". By MY estimated, the side panels would be about 1/2 a 9x12 sheet. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm thinking it would be done on A4 (210mm × 297mm OR approx 8.27" x 11.69") Or maybe not. Just some thoughts...

Originally posted by Darth Brass@Sep 4 2005, 09:30 AM
My wife and I just took the Warner Bros. VIP Backlot Tour and they had an entire floor of their 'museum' dedicated to HP props.

They had the Marauder's Map. 

They also take your cameras and cellphones away at the door.

I was so crushed when I saw it and couldn't take pictures.  It's absolutely beautiful in person.  A few things I noticed:

It looks like each panel was affixed to the main piece.  In other words, they got all the intricate folding and pieced together pages done on a blank body and glued each seperate panel onto the main body.  (GAH I need the pics I couldn't take.) Also, the staircases were cut into the fold so that they were flat when folded, but go 3D when you open the page.

Like I said, it was BEAUTIFUL.

Some other cool props too, but that's for another thread.  ;)
[snapback]1071179[/snapback]​
Looks like this calls for my minature cordless Cameras. Hopefully I can get up there soon, was this California or Florida. Did they use any metal detectors or searched you in any way??? ;)

This was in LA. They didn't search us, but they asked fairly insistently. There's also "guards" stationed in the exhibit as well.

If you do try and succeed...can I see the pics too? ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back