HP3 Marauders Map

my first posting in this topic.
To see how the map looks I made it of paper without any pics or caligraphy. Just to see how it works. And it was cool. I took the pic of division 6 and it worked.
I think to bring the map to paper(or parchment) I will project pics on a wall and than... happy drawing. :))

But first ofcourse I have to know what is inside the map. I think a good clue brings the Ebay auction zev ( in the paperprops Thread) found some days ago. I had the luck to save the pics before it vanished. :)

Good impressions.

Some news from me. Yesterday I saw HP3 again. Ihe scene harry gets the map. I could see that there must be 4 foldings on each side ( o man, I hope you understand what I mean and hope I don`t meke an ideot of me by using wrong words. :) ). Not 3 like on the pic of you, division 6. One clue more that there are more than 2 maps were used. So I have to go on glueing.

Another interesting thing is the fact, that in the bed scene where Harry sees Peters name first the stairs are like 3D made of another sheet of paper. Like other small pieces of paper unfolds shortly befor Harry sees the name of Peter.

Confusing, isn`t ?
But believe me: my German is much better. :))

A great project. Amazing progress.

Do we need a single location for all the high-res screen caps related to this project, or are we beyond that point with Anheuser taking the lead?

I have a website with 2gig storage and 100gb monthly download allowances. I have NO idea if that's enough, but it might be. At least then I'd find out how robust my web hosting is.

Let me know.

At the very least I'll be keeping up on this thread to see what Anheuser comes up with.

There are actually other fold out sheets that lay over the longer ones as well as the multi layers in the middle.
Blue lines on the map below.
Marauders_map_dimensions.jpg

So if the inner parts are folded first than the outer ones you would get 4 folds per side instead of 3..

The close ups of the map as Harry is in bed are totally different than the overall regular map that he's looking at from the side and carries around in the hall (pictured above).

Hope that makes sense. :p

Any updates on possible pix of the one in LA?
I'm extremely interested in a definitive scale of the map, as well as the details.

D6

Oh, it makes sense. :D Why disn`t I see it before? Absolutly logic.

In the mean time we can talk about the content. and the order.
Here is what I think could be on the map.

Just some brainstorming:

round floors through the rooms
Floors in a straight line through the rooms
Top view with towers Hagrits hut and small Hogsmeat
surrounding area with wood and lake
Hogsmeat compl.
Quidditsch field with wood

How many sides for what area should be important to talk about.

Regards,
The German

Every spelling mistake is not for free use. :angel

After a long time I managed to fold my paper prototype right the way it should be. And after many trys : It looks great.
The handling of folding the map was not easy. It takes an accurate workstyle.
OK, not much useful infos for the most of you profis. :lol
To bad that there is no single ink point on it. :)
Now it is the time for me to watch the movie many timesand search the web for pics of parts of the map to find out where to put and draw what. I think it will be a hard work :confused

Any news from you guys?

Kind Regards,
The German

Hey Anheuser, I just wanted to say great job on ur Marauders Map and thanks for sharing it with all of us. Thats what its all about chief.

Gonna try making one for a close friend who LOVES HP.

Thanks again and keep us posted on ur progress. :)

Having seen a screen used one at the WB studio tour, I can say it's going to be nigh, in the words of Ralph Wiggum, unpossible to accurately make one. For one, the stairs are three dimensional, wherein the paper folds out in a zig-zag shape for the length of them.

The stairs are easy enough to figure out.
I did a prototype some time ago.

I take it you didn't get any pictures.
Any chance to measured it?

D6

No, I didn't get any pictures in a tour where they locked away all cameras/cell phones, and had security walking around. Durn me to heck.

I need a distraction from costuming – so I decided to take a crack at the marauders map in my downtime. I think I’ve worked out a folding that more or less fits the bill (more on that when I have pics) and I’ve begun the vector line work for the interior – however the fonts are going to be the make or break.

IÂ’m hoping to adapt / edit an already existing font or two : but finding the closest is a headache. Anyone have any input as to what might pass for a match?

FONTSEGcopy.jpg

Saw it a couple days ago.
Ending bid $400. :confused

If you want to keep the images you will have to either screen cap and paste in photoshop or look at the code and cut and past each image address.
Right click doesn't work.

D6

Or you could just do a save as for the webpage and it'll save all the images and such, then you just pull them out of the folder it saves them in.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back