HP - Ollivander's Wand Display

Pete SSS

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been spending a fair amount of time waiting for some clear resin pieces to go off this last week (never easy in the cold and damp!) , so I thought I'd get this fun little project done during the down time between castings.

I came across a few pics of the Ollivander's window display from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter a while back, and wanted to make a similar display stand for my wands.

Here are the references

Ollivanderswindow2.jpg

Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-Ollivanders-Wand-S-ad95ad92ad96b86845a3.jpg

As you can see, they vary a little, so I wasn't too concerned about getting a direct match.

I rummaged around the scraps in the workshop, and found and old pine stool seat which had split. I cut it to size, drilled some holes and fit a piece of oak on the bottom. I then spent some time staining and waxing until I settled on a nice battered old mahogany finish. Then added the gold leaf "O" and printed put a label for the reverse (to cover the leg holes for the stool)

That’s about it really, very simple little piece, but I think it fits in pretty well with the look. It's also a pretty impressive size once the wands are all added, I haven't figured out where to put it yet....

Anyway, some photos....

OllivandersWandDisplay05.jpg

OllivandersWandDisplay06.jpg

OllivandersWandDisplay01.jpg

OllivandersWandDisplay02.jpg

OllivandersWandDisplay03.jpg

OllivandersWandDisplay04.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very nice! A great way to display the wands... And The WWoHP in Orlando is a dream if you ever get the chance to go!

I LOVE this and am totally stealing the idea! Beautiful job!

Hah, good to hear!

Very nice! A great way to display the wands... And The WWoHP in Orlando is a dream if you ever get the chance to go!

There's a bit too much ocean in the way for me at the moment, no plans to visit the WWoHP I'm afraid. I do however have tickets to see the WB Studio Tour in early June, and I can't flipping wait!

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'll see if I can get some progress photos up soon so those of you who want to make one can see my process (although, it is very simple!)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back