HP - Ollivander's Wand Display

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Pete SSS, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Pete SSS

Pete SSS Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've been spending a fair amount of time waiting for some clear resin pieces to go off this last week (never easy in the cold and damp!) , so I thought I'd get this fun little project done during the down time between castings.

I came across a few pics of the Ollivander's window display from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter a while back, and wanted to make a similar display stand for my wands.

Here are the references

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, they vary a little, so I wasn't too concerned about getting a direct match.

I rummaged around the scraps in the workshop, and found and old pine stool seat which had split. I cut it to size, drilled some holes and fit a piece of oak on the bottom. I then spent some time staining and waxing until I settled on a nice battered old mahogany finish. Then added the gold leaf "O" and printed put a label for the reverse (to cover the leg holes for the stool)

That’s about it really, very simple little piece, but I think it fits in pretty well with the look. It's also a pretty impressive size once the wands are all added, I haven't figured out where to put it yet....

Anyway, some photos....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. Jaruemalak

Jaruemalak Well-Known Member

I LOVE this and am totally stealing the idea! Beautiful job!

3. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very nice! A great way to display the wands... And The WWoHP in Orlando is a dream if you ever get the chance to go!

4. kalissuperman

kalissuperman Active Member

very cool. probably wouldnt have thought of that myself

5. Toshi Chris

Toshi Chris New Member

Fantastic work. The finish makes it look perfectly used.

6. Mole

Mole Well-Known Member

Very nice!

7. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

It looks fantastic, you've done a great job there.

8. Dewback_Rider

Dewback_Rider Active Member

Very nice work!

And yes, Harry Potter World in Florida is pretty awesome.

9. Pete SSS

Pete SSS Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hah, good to hear!

There's a bit too much ocean in the way for me at the moment, no plans to visit the WWoHP I'm afraid. I do however have tickets to see the WB Studio Tour in early June, and I can't flipping wait!

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'll see if I can get some progress photos up soon so those of you who want to make one can see my process (although, it is very simple!)