How the Bio Helmet Works

Spearaizer

One day, I set to thinking "How the hell do preds operate their suits without touching it at all, except for their gauntlets sometimes?" Then the answer came. THEY USE THEIR MANDIBLES/TUSKS/WHATEVER THE HELL THOSE WACK FINGER LOOKING STUFF THEY HAVE ON THEIR FACE ARE!!!!!!! It's perfect! Except for a few comics where they actually push a couple of buttons on their wrist computers, we only see the pred looking at something, and suddenly he sees in a different vision mode (especially in the movies). It makes perfect sense it they have buttons on the inside of their bios. As for their wrist blades, perhaps they have a couple of buttons controlling those, but how do they operate 'em when the take their masks off? If anyone has ever played Crysis, then they've seen the suit and how it can release all those stuff to make the dude faster or stronger. Preds are more technologically advances, so maybe the gauntlet can just "read" if the pred wants the blades extended or not by however he flexes his forearm muscles. Hell, maybe even by reading his brain waves!

(Then again, maybe the helmets are just voice-controlled)

I have always wondered that to. Some kind of mental/telepathy link to their technology I guess. I think it therefore it happens.

I'd like to think it might be some sort of eye-twitch motion detection selector like Stephen Hawking’s setup. Of course it would need to be adapted to battlefield conditions. I'd think it would be distracting to just have that, trying to keep your eyes on prey and get the wrist blade activated.

I'd bet Stephen Hawking would be willing to dress up as a Predator for a charity event or voice the cartoon version of that. That'd be wild.

There ya go. Voice activated options with optical tracking for target acquisition.

With mandible operation what would happen when you get one cut off? You'd have to resort to something else. Still it would work as a trigger of some sort.

There ya go. Voice activated options with optical tracking for target acquisition.

With mandible operation what would happen when you get one cut off? You'd have to resort to something else. Still it would work as a trigger of some sort.
I would have to agree Mandible controlled or facial expression related because why else would the inside of the bio look like this.

scan02034.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Grunt or sound activated, the inards of that bio are more than likely for breathing and the supplys to the HUD that displays the different colour spectrums.

The cannon probably just locks onto whatever it has been told to lock onto by the HUD.

imo

Grunt or sound activated, the inards of that bio are more than likely for breathing and the supplys to the HUD that displays the different colour spectrums.
The cannon probably just locks onto whatever it has been told to lock onto by the HUD.
imo

Aren't all the of the bios built like this on the inside technology wise? They have the same concept as far as visions, tarketing system, and breathing right?

We never saw P1 or P2 inards, only the hollywood groups P1 and AVP behind the scenes guesstimated what the inside swould look like.

And as pointed out above , how would wolfs bio work if they were mandible controlled , he had a missing mandible.

Sound/voice/grunt is the most plausible for me , and im happy with that assumption

And when have we seen telepathy/brain controlling as being part of the preds abilities?

could be right i guess, something im really happy not knowing too much about hehe.

I had a thought about how an unmasked predator would activate his Wristblades...

Make a fist with your hand & watch how the muscles move...the muscles get bigger around your elbow...maybe they have some kind of pressure switch under the gauntlet that senses that change & when a Predator makes a fist (notice whenever the blades pop out their hand is in a fist), that switch activates the blades.

...as far as the Plasma Caster goes...maybe they have a way to set it on a remote of sorts (kinda like motion sensors) then when the cannon is locked onto a target, it gives some kind of sound that would let the Predator know it had a target, the predator then asseses the target & utters a verbal command to either fire or stand down.

Just my 2 cents...

The books explain it a lot better. They use their mandibles to access most of the functions. They have little switches on the insides of the bios and the blades respond to the movement i.e. when they flex their wrists a certain way. As for the caster, they activate it either with their mandibles or by using a switch, it depends on what rank they are in the caste system as to what they are allowed to access via the bio.

I had a thought about how an unmasked predator would activate his Wristblades...

Make a fist with your hand & watch how the muscles move...the muscles get bigger around your elbow...maybe they have some kind of pressure switch under the gauntlet that senses that change & when a Predator makes a fist (notice whenever the blades pop out their hand is in a fist), that switch activates the blades.

That's great, The wary hunter is in the chow hall, goes to pick up his soda, then BAM blades through his hand.

The books explain it a lot better. They use their mandibles to access most of the functions. They have little switches on the insides of the bios and the blades respond to the movement i.e. when they flex their wrists a certain way. As for the caster, they activate it either with their mandibles or by using a switch, it depends on what rank they are in the caste system as to what they are allowed to access via the bio.
I had a feeling that was correct because most predators make the same click and grunts it would be hard to specify in the bio circuitry on how to tell a certain command from a snort, grunt, growl, or click sound. Based on my first reply you can look @ the bio and tell there may be certain switches for certain tasks to me it just makes more sense based on the look of how it functions in the movies

Implants?

Atleast in halo the spartans have implants that allow for thier brain waves to send the comand to their suits. Could be the same way.

Ok. So I'm a bit of a book worm. It does give explicit details on how the bio works in the Aliens vs. Predator books. They're a great read btw.
I have not really read any of the books, but I do have two of them I think I have Prey and another one. I will have to start reading them to to better understand their world. I do know they have to fight before they even can be in an offical hunt.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back