How much will you pay for a British No 3 Mk I Rod Grenade near mint condition

Well if you're sending one for reference, may as well ask for a neck bevel and vane sleeve more like this (thank you Natty, wherever you are...):

nattysmuu7.jpg

But vendors are not usually going to be good at noticing this stuff.

Don't be niave, he knows that it's used in Star Wars.
Why else the large pricetag?
This is a nice piece, but not worth that to a grenade collector.

Last edited:
Besides, if he doesn't know, how is sending him a picture of the prop going to tip him off? He's not going to suddenly say "A-HA! Obi-Wan saber!" :lol

:confused Could be true, but I never mentioned Star Wars on any email.:confused But collectors told me that this grenade is getting harder and harder to get. That´s why the price. Most of them are willing to pay 200 pounds. I registered myself in an Ordnance Collectors Network forum. My cover is that I am doing a restoration job:), just in case you know. Most of them offered them tips & photos, but nobody has one for sale, a spare one. Only one of them but the grenade was completely rusted and badly damaged. I won´t give of course and won´t uncover, cause I guess some of them will get upset :confused. Keep you posted guys!

Not that is't worth much, but I got mine for about $50 back in the day when people first figured out what it was. No doubt the collector knows why people want it and why they are willing to pay such inflated prices. Before it was well known that a Graflex 3-cell could be made in to a movie prop, people were practically giving or throwing them away.

Good luck on your hunt!

-T.J.
P.S. I won't tell you how much I got my Simrad laser range finder for, or my Webley & Scott Mk1 No1 for that matter. ;)

Wow its Tonnikan Jinn! Another oldbie from way back!
Anyways, as for the grenade, i paid $650 for mine about 5 years ago. There is really no price benchmark unlike camera flashes. The price for these war relics do not fluctuate the same way as commercially available antiques such as graflex flashes.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back