Hollywood Collectables BR 2019 Blaster

I'm working on paying off my 2019 Tomen / Stunt theu HCG, but I do already have the 2049 version (which I modded with steel barrel and cylinder, weathering, etc). Originally, I'd planned on getting a Sidkit thru Michele but after seeing that Tomenosuke were only producing 300 of the 2019 I figured I better not pass it up, lol. What do you guys think? Should I have went with the Sidkit since I own the 2049? Or am I doing the right thing considering the rarity of the 2019? I know I'll be happy with either, but I'm always wondering what's on the other side of the door not chosen, lol.

I'm working on paying off my 2019 Tomen / Stunt theu HCG, but I do already have the 2049 version (which I modded with steel barrel and cylinder, weathering, etc). Originally, I'd planned on getting a Sidkit thru Michele but after seeing that Tomenosuke were only producing 300 of the 2019 I figured I better not pass it up, lol. What do you guys think? Should I have went with the Sidkit since I own the 2049? Or am I doing the right thing considering the rarity of the 2019? I know I'll be happy with either, but I'm always wondering what's on the other side of the door not chosen, lol.
The choice is very subjective. I have 3 x Tomen's, a Rick Ross, an all metal Sidkit and a hybrid Coyle/Sid/Real parts blaster and each has its own unique qualities that - for me - makes it special.

The Tomen's are incredible blasters but the thing I miss about them is that they are too perfect and do not embody the hand-crafted quality of the original blaster (which I have spent a significant amount of time with). The Sidkit and some of Coyle's better offerings (not his rushed, badly cast models) while not as accurate from a size point of view, capture for me the feel that the original blaster was created in a workshop and that its mismatched pieces all put together - something the Tomen doesn't do IMO.

There is no way I would give up my Sid (my favorite Deckard blaster), Coyle hybrid or Ross blasters and I would also not give up one of my Tomen's. I would happily consider selling the other Tomen's and possibly acquire another Sid or Coyle if I was looking to change my collection.

Best of luck.
M

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the Tomenosuke 2019 since I got the 2049 version from HCG but I haven't found any posts that highlight the actual differences, put side by side (or maybe I've missed then!). I must have read Tomenusuke's comments at least 20 times on the differences but I can't make head or tail of them. Anyone here able to comment on the differences? Are they visibly noticeable enough to justify investing in the 2019 version?

I can't speak for anyone else but I have had 4, compared at least two side by side and other than finish and Rootbeer grips on the first one I could not see a difference despite their claims.

You can't go wrong with any of them as far as I am concerned.

For AFB the First one is great you just have to replace the grips and the best IMO is the HG exclusive but I think there were only 150 made. That is the final one I kept.

A few customs from them but they are pricey.

I also want to weather mine so it looks like it did in the film, not how it looks today which ain't great.

IMO only.

Customize your 2049 I say.

I can't speak for anyone else but I have had 4, compared at least two side by side and other than finish and Rootbeer grips on the first one I could not see a difference despite their claims.

You can't go wrong with any of them as far as I am concerned.

For AFB the First one is great you just have to replace the grips and the best IMO is the HG exclusive but I think there were only 150 made. That is the final one I kept.

A few customs from them but they are pricey.

I also want to weather mine so it looks like it did in the film, not how it looks today which ain't great.

IMO only.

Customize your 2049 I say.
I also have the HCG and it’s my favorite for the original price point. Of course the Harrison Ford and worldcon editions are the two best IMO.

I didn’t realize they made so few of the HCG though.

so, what is this new HCG BR OG blaster that I just received an e-mail about? HCG says it is officially licensed, but i do not see that on the box. HCG says it is hand weathered, but i do not see that in the pictures. is this a new release?

i do not see it listed yet under their BR menu, so here is the link:

so, what is this new HCG BR OG blaster that I just received an e-mail about? HCG says it is officially licensed, but i do not see that on the box. HCG says it is hand weathered, but i do not see that in the pictures. is this a new release?

i do not see it listed yet under their BR menu, so here is the link:

Just got the e-mail as well and was just about to post here.
According to the site link:

From Tomenosuke:

• Each Blaster Individually Hand Weathered
  • We changed the shape of the bolt, bolt/handle, magazine housing
  • The L-cylinder cover was made up of 2 parts and the shape was changed.
  • We narrowed the diameter of the collar at the rear end of the sleeve
  • We changed the position of the three screw holes of the blaster grip frame that fixes the grip frame of the Charter Arms
  • The grips are 0.5mm thicker
I have all the other ones they've released over the years so I might as will get this one as well. Pre-ordered.

Wow, so like others have mentioned they just keep tweaking this thing to sell more blasters I guess? Those of us with the funds will just keep on buying them too. I have the “Pro Ultimate Evolution” version from 2016. Is that a good one? Haha. Can’t keep up with all the tweaks. I just want one!

Wondering if I should swap it out for this “new” one?

did you see the expected delivery date in 12/2020? that is pretty much next week. i am looking forward to the actual hand weathering pics.

Wow, so like others have mentioned they just keep tweaking this thing to sell more blasters I guess? Those of us with the funds will just keep on buying them too. I have the “Pro Ultimate Evolution” version from 2016. Is that a good one? Haha. Can’t keep up with all the tweaks. I just want one!

Honestly, if they offered a new variant of the pistol every year, I'd probably still buy it. Glad I ended up holding my PS5 purchase off until next year now. My collection will be up to 9 after this one, although not all of those are Tomens.

Okay confirmed:

OG stands for Oh God I can't believe people are going to buy this. Another final version.

It's the same blaster.

The top is still flat gun metal which his blaster never appears so in the film.

There is a tiny bit of weathering on the trigger guard, knob, etc.

It's the same gun only more expensive than others with the same inaccuracy.

His barrel is Blued, Never anything else. Blued.

If you have not had a chance to buy a Blade Runner Blaster this is your chance, then accurize it. If you have soooo much money you have a bunch of these then skip this version and sponsor a kid from Africa. I do. It's cheaper and makes a world of difference to them.

Never posted this before.

$30 a month. Make the world better:

I have the 2049 version almost paid off with HCG, should I stick with that or look to switch to this one, any advice would be appreciated

I have the 2049 version almost paid off with HCG, should I stick with that or look to switch to this one, any advice would be appreciated
It really depends, do you want to deal with the hassle of buying a different one for just a little sanding?

The only ones that have been worth fussing about have been HCG exclusive, worldcon, and signature. Everything else is on a similar level of good.

I have a 2049 edition, and I'm pretty pleased with it. I'd like to see some more assembly kits come out so I can put the steel barrel and cylinder upgrades I have sitting on my shelf to good use.

Not me. I have the original Tomenosuke which is the one they bought, weathered and used in 2049. For me it's the most accurate blaster to date because of that. The tweeks to make it like the one in the original movie will never be close enough. You'd have to buy the real firearms and source all of the parts to make something close to the original.

Not me. I have the original Tomenosuke which is the one they bought, weathered and used in 2049. For me it's the most accurate blaster to date because of that. The tweeks to make it like the one in the original movie will never be close enough. You'd have to buy the real firearms and source all of the parts to make something close to the original.
That IS a very sweet blaster mate.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back