Hogwarts trunk ACCURATE crest Harry Potter

Nowonder

Hi everyone,
like pretty much every hardcore Harry Potter fan, I am attempting to recreate my Hogwarts school trunk. I know this forum has plenty of threads on the subject and the web is full of pictures of very well made replicas, but I believe pretty much all of them were painted using a non accurate template for the Hogwarts Crest. I would really, really love my trunk to be as screen accurate as possible, so I was wondering if you folks who went to the WB studio tour could help me gather some references for the crest that is shown on the real props, because Google just won't help me find a HD, flat, on focus closeup of that crest. Thanks a lot!

I painted mine based on a photo of an original trunk. I’ll have to go through my old files to see if I can still find it! It is indeed hard to find a straight on shot! Here are a couple pics of an original from the studio tour my brother took last year, though not head on. They appear to have a stenciled look, as they vary in detail from trunk to trunk. I stenciled the graphic onto my trunk; will take a few pics in the morning.

7B7427DB-3BB5-4DAA-810A-88B33E714E4E.jpeg

3CA6B402-530F-41C8-8928-A8E78D4E51CA.jpeg

I painted mine based on a photo of an original trunk. I’ll have to go through my old files to see if I can still find it! It is indeed hard to find a straight on shot! Here are a couple pics of an original from the studio tour my brother took last year, though not head on. They appear to have a stenciled look, as they vary in detail from trunk to trunk. I stenciled the graphic onto my trunk; will take a few pics in the morning.

View attachment 983510

View attachment 983511

OMG this is exactly what I meant. And these two alone look a lot better than any picture I've found so far. Did you manage to find the others? So you appen to have something like the vector/.jpg file of the crest you used to make the stencil? Many thanks.

Here's a pic that I used as a guide for my stencil. This isn't a pic I took; it was posted here on RPF years ago––unfortunately I can't remember who posted it. I went ahead and traced over it in photoshop to create two layers that can be used to make stencils with. Despite being slightly out of focus, so far this is the only head on shot i've seen of the crest...which is kind of mind boggling actually!

hog.jpg

crest2.jpg

crest3.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the crest on my Trunk; sorry the pics aren't great as it's evening here now and don't have sufficient light indoors, but I'll at some point take some better ones. I want to touch up some of the black graphics to add a bit more definition here and there based on other references I've seen. But generally, I think this works fairly well. Hope this helps with your project! The Hogwarts trunk is probably one of my favorite pieces from the Potterverse.

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

Here's a pic that I used as a guide for my stencil. This isn't a pic I took; it was posted here on RPF years ago––unfortunately I can't remember who posted it. I went ahead and traced over it in photoshop to create two layers that can be used to make stencils with. Despite being slightly out of focus, so far this is the only head on shot i've seen of the crest...which is kind of mind boggling actually!

View attachment 984328

View attachment 984326

View attachment 984327

Here are a couple pics of the crest on my Trunk; sorry the pics aren't great as it's evening here now and don't have sufficient light indoors, but I'll at some point take some better ones. I want to touch up some of the black graphics to add a bit more definition here and there based on other references I've seen. But generally, I think this works fairly well. Hope this helps with your project! The Hogwarts trunk is probably one of my favorite pieces from the Potterverse.

View attachment 984336

View attachment 984342
Thanks a lot!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back