Hogwarts: a history

istrand

I noticed that the former threads about Harry Potter textbooks, and insides had pretty much died out, so I decided to make my own thread.

I can't say this is a replica as in book- or movie accurate, but I'm in the work of making my own copy of Hogwarts: a history. Thought I would share my progress so far with you.
I find all information on different sites online, like HP wikia, Pottermote, HP Lexicon, etc. I also find the pictures online. I would love to make my own illustrations, and not take other peoples, but I were to make my own illustrations the book would look like a child drawed in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ig8fsm2FkTaGtBVFJFTVBqN28/view?usp=sharing

Since RPF won't let me upload my file.. I'm trying with this link instead.

Please note that this is my version of it, and it will include information that is not mentioned in the Hogwarts: A history from the books. For instance I have mentioned the Room of requirement and the house-elves. I'm thinking of it as a new edition with more information than the older one.

Last edited:
Try looking at old books and their layout. Also use something like Caslon Antique or Archive Garamond for book text. Try not using photos because in most books from HP universe they weren't there.

Definetely not saying that it's perfect, but check out the book block for magical theory that I posted in the other forum. I formatted it from raw text, changed out some fonts (maybe not the most correct, but they work alright). Added clipart, etc. It may give you some ideas,

I was formatting hogwarts: a history from one I found on a fanfic site, however the book was not complete, only 4 of 9 chapters were present, It might help you template it if you are interested I will share what I've put together with you.

I'm aware that photos are not the best option for this book. I've been looking at some illustrations, and probably will change the pictures to clipart, or sketches.
Thanks for suggestions on fonts - I'm working in BookWright, and not sure if I can use fonts of my own, or if I have to use the ones that Blurb recommends?

I'm aware that photos are not the best option for this book. I've been looking at some illustrations, and probably will change the pictures to clipart, or sketches.
Thanks for suggestions on fonts - I'm working in BookWright, and not sure if I can use fonts of my own, or if I have to use the ones that Blurb recommends?

If you are using blurb, I'm fairly sure you can use any font you wish as long as it is in a PDF format.

Link doesn't work :( Maybe you have posted in some other place ?

Thank you !!!

I can't say this is a replica as in book- or movie accurate, but I'm in the work of making my own copy of Hogwarts: a history. Thought I would share my progress so far with you.
I find all information on different sites online, like HP wikia, Pottermote, HP Lexicon, etc. I also find the pictures online. I would love to make my own illustrations, and not take other peoples, but I were to make my own illustrations the book would look like a child drawed in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ig8fsm2FkTaGtBVFJFTVBqN28/view?usp=sharing

Since RPF won't let me upload my file.. I'm trying with this link instead.

Please note that this is my version of it, and it will include information that is not mentioned in the Hogwarts: A history from the books. For instance I have mentioned the Room of requirement and the house-elves. I'm thinking of it as a new edition with more information than the older one.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back