History of stop motion puppetry video

No,ILM used good 'ol fashioned stop-motion for the At-Ats.I believe Go-Motion (developed by Tippet) was first used in Dragonslayer for the flying sequences and some of the walking/crawling sequences.Not nearly enough of the dragon was used/seen in that film.It is still THE BEST Dragon on film next to Ray Harryhausen's work in Sinbad.That's just me though.

No,ILM used good 'ol fashioned stop-motion for the At-Ats.I believe Go-Motion (developed by Tippet) was first used in Dragonslayer for the flying sequences and some of the walking/crawling sequences.Not nearly enough of the dragon was used/seen in that film.It is still THE BEST Dragon on film next to Ray Harryhausen's work in Sinbad.That's just me though.

Nope, Go-Motion was introduced in ESB for the Taun-Tauns and the AT-AT´s to achieve some motion blur.

Go motion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's tue, and I can confirm that Tippet says as much in one of the Blu Ray Empire interviews.

I think the Making Magic CD had a portion about GoMo already, and I think I can remember seeing the classic Tippet behind the AT-AT in the Video that came in the THX re-issue stardestroyer box as well.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back