Deprecated Highlander idealized Ramirez‘ Masamune katana replica

He never stopped taking orders, he has multiple business partners now and they also operate as "Point Gallery" and "Raven & Blade"

You can see their bios here:
What a piece of ****. I love how he used the fake image he had some huge warehouse and studio when he was making the stuff in his kitchen . Yeah the guy is probably a dirtbag who else would get into this with him knowing his background. How is the studio not aware he’s at it again ?

Last edited:
Wow.

Haven‘t been in touch with DK for quite some time now, he didn‘t reply to my mails, too. I had no idea it’s that bad. Sorry to hear that he scammed some of you.

What a piece of ****. I love how he used the fake image he had some huge warehouse and studio when he was making the stuff in his kitchen . Yeah the guy is probably a dirtbag who else would get into this with him knowing his background. How is the studio not aware he’s at it again ?
probably doing business under the table

I wonder if Adrian still gets his Bokkens from these guys?

A shame Daryl crapped on Sal’s legacy.

Sal was a stand up Guy and I miss talking with him to this day......

Kyle is active in private Highlander groups on Facebook. His employee Mark does the work on the bokken and live blades for SXP

Attachments

• F127F6E7-C34E-47C5-9810-FCF484478B64.png
    F127F6E7-C34E-47C5-9810-FCF484478B64.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
I’m interested in joining this run if I’m not too late. Thanks!
I‘m sorry, but any plans for a screen-accurate run of a replica Ramirez’ Masamune katana are abandoned at the moment. That doesn’t necessarily mean that there won‘t be any screen-accurate replicas of the katana available in the future. I still like the idea of offering these for the Highlander sword aficionado, but I will definitely walk the official route via Davis Panzer to ensure that the will be no legal issues.

Let us enjoy the 4K version of the movie for now and keep our fingers crossed for some positive news in the future.

I‘m sorry, but any plans for a screen-accurate run of a replica Ramirez’ Masamune katana are abandoned at the moment. That doesn’t necessarily mean that there won‘t be any screen-accurate replicas of the katana available in the future. I still like the idea of offering these for the Highlander sword aficionado, but I will definitely walk the official route via Davis Panzer to ensure that the will be no legal issues.

Let us enjoy the 4K version of the movie for now and keep our fingers crossed for some positive news in the future.
****ing Davis Panzer will just take yours and give us some knockoff again.

There are people who have products very close to what you are looking for, carved by the original artist that made the movie swords that you'd be hard pressed to call inaccurate, if you ask the right questions.

****ing Davis Panzer will just take yours and give us some knockoff again.

There are people who have products very close to what you are looking for, carved by the original artist that made the movie swords that you'd be hard pressed to call inaccurate, if you ask the right questions.
As you might know, the screen used Masamune katana is not the ‚nicest‘ prop to say it mildly - lots of air bubbles, imperfections, a crudely sculpted Chinese lionhead placed on an off the shelf tsuka, a wonky, aluminum tsuka spray painted gold etc. So what do fans really want - a casting of the screen used version including all the imperfections, a slightly cleaned version of an original casting, an idealized version based on a screen used katana or a high-end custom sculpt from an artist like Jose which is based on a screen used original? And what about the blade? Stainless steel, no hamon just like the original, aluminum like the stunts or a folded blade? See, it‘s not so easy…

As you might know, the screen used Masamune katana is not the ‚nicest‘ prop to say it mildly - lots of air bubbles, imperfections, a crudely sculpted Chinese lionhead placed on an off the shelf tsuka, a wonky, aluminum tsuka spray painted gold etc. So what do fans really want - a casting of the screen used version including all the imperfections, a slightly cleaned version of an original casting, an idealized version based on a screen used katana or a high-end custom sculpt from an artist like Jose which is based on a screen used original? And what about the blade? Stainless steel, no hamon just like the original, aluminum like the stunts or a folded blade? See, it‘s not so easy…
Yea, but we all remember what they did to us when they released the "official" swords. The Sword of Duncan was a joke!

Yea, but we all remember what they did to us when they released the "official" swords. The Sword of Duncan was a joke!
On the other hand, the Marto Ramirez/Connor katana was an idealized and affordable version of the screen used H1 Masamune and has been used on screen in Endgame, same as the Duncan katana, which has been used from season 3 on in the series and in movie 4 and 5. So I don‘t really see what they ‚did‘ to us, they made three swords (plus many more like the Clan MacLeod etc.) available, and we as the customers had the freedom to choose.

On the other hand, the Marto Ramirez/Connor katana was an idealized and affordable version of the screen used H1 Masamune and has been used on screen in Endgame, same as the Duncan katana, which has been used from season 3 on in the series and in movie 4 and 5. So I don‘t really see what they ‚did‘ to us, they made three swords (plus many more like the Clan MacLeod etc.) available, and we as the customers had the freedom to choose.

They showed pictures of specific items and then delivered significantly different items to what was expected.

Many people were extremely disappointed with what they received in the end from the best of my recollection, and I have read many accounts from people who are still disappointed to this day that Davis Panzer pulled that on them.

They showed pictures of specific items and then delivered significantly different items to what was expected.

Many people were extremely disappointed with what they received in the end from the best of my recollection, and I have read many accounts from people who are still disappointed to this day that Davis Panzer pulled that on them.
I see. Before I was able to acquire my screen used Highlander 1 swords, I, too, wanted the best possible replica of the H1 Masamune for my collection and chose to buy a Marto Connor katana. When I compared it to the images of the screen used Masamune katanas, I decided to build my own version, the Mentor‘s katana.

Just going to bump this and see if there's any one out there who's currently making or in the process of making the screen accurate Highlander movie Sword. I figured considering the reboot is in the process of being made that maybe we can get some interest in this again before the new movie and new sword come out

Just going to bump this and see if there's any one out there who's currently making or in the process of making the screen accurate Highlander movie Sword. I figured considering the reboot is in the process of being made that maybe we can get some interest in this again before the new movie and new sword come out
The original molds are most likely destroyed because the Steward of them supposedly treated them poorly and destroyed a lot of molds, and the silicone breaks down over time and the genius was pulling from the original molds rather than remaking a master and never using it.

There are people doing it, they're going to rip you off, though.

If you go to the Highlander Sword Shoppers Guide on Facebook, you can ask and possibly find a reasonably priced one.

The original molds are most likely destroyed because the Steward of them supposedly treated them poorly and destroyed a lot of molds, and the silicone breaks down over time and the genius was pulling from the original molds rather than remaking a master and never using it.

There are people doing it, they're going to rip you off, though.

If you go to the Highlander Sword Shoppers Guide on Facebook, you can ask and possibly find a reasonably priced one.
I agree 100%. There are several people I've seen who own one that's been taken for my cast of an original mold they're out there unfortunately people who have them either aren't making them anymore or are very secretive and you're 100% correct on there are a few people that definitely will try to rip you off LOL I'm already a member on there as well as a few other Highlander sites and groups and so far all I'm finding is Marto and the United Cutlery. No one has or is willing to sell theirs if they have one and I haven't seen anyone willing to make it either. I'm really hoping that the new movie when it comes out someone will buy the rights and in addition to that get the rights to the original and finally make a screen accurate version of the sword absolutely love the original H1 look

I think it’s possible to alter a Marto Connor katana in such a way that it looks much closer to the screen used sword.

- remove the etched hamon by polishing the blade

- prime and paint the tsuka in an ivory white tone (including the golden ring right under the tsuba), age it just a little bit by using a matte brown paint and rub it with a piece of red suede leather to simulate Ramirez red gloves

- sand the tsuba and habaki lightly, prime and paint them both in a matte brass color

You might want to spend some more time with the tsuba by using files or a dremel for the irregular look of the original. In addition to that, one could remove the rounded edge in favour of a straight edge like the screen used tsubas.

Looks like the Highlander Prop Fanbase was driven down by a few greedy ones, like I have seen before in the Indiana Jones Diary area.

I still can´t believe, that there are no good files to 3D print a ivory handle for a "immortal sword".

E742B0A0-E426-4522-B04D-5490ACBB7A6B (1).jpeg

Or maybe a (source/ variation) picture of the whole handle motive, we can warp digital around the hilt?

I am not very able to construct such files, but it is no witchcraft, especially with good reference pics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back