Interest Raiders Smith and Wesson M1917 Replica

I reached out to the company and it's under new ownership, but he told me that he would look into it and get back to me. I get the impression that it was a recent acquisition so it may take some time for him to go through the old inventory, but he assured me he would let me know either way. I'll update you all when I hear back.

I would LOVE to own full metal versions of each, whether in steel or aluminum. I'm hoping we can convince Field Marshall to take on this project at some point.

I've got an M1917 that I had cut down to 4", and I made my own front sight from a Ruger Blackhawk sight.

I'm not far from Chris, so if he needs to borrow mine (not sure he would, old N frame S&W's aren't rare or anything) for any reason, he's welcome to it.

Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm more than happy to help if any help is needed!

IMG_6016.jpeg
IMG_6017.jpeg
IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_6019.jpeg
IMG_6020.jpeg
IMG_6021.jpeg
IMG_6022.jpeg

It’s obviously not the prettiest example, the front sight is a bit inaccurate, and should really be the half-moon type for the 1917 (it was the .455 Hand Ejector in the Tunisia shots that had the custom front sight afaik), but it’s a starting point for 3D scanning if it’s needed.

Last edited:
I've got an M1917 that I had cut down to 4", and I made my own front sight from a Ruger Blackhawk sight.

I'm not far from Chris, so if he needs to borrow mine (not sure he would, old N frame S&W's aren't rare or anything) for any reason, he's welcome to it.

Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm more than happy to help if any help is needed!

View attachment 1844708View attachment 1844709View attachment 1844710View attachment 1844711View attachment 1844712View attachment 1844713View attachment 1844714

It’s obviously not the prettiest example, the front sight is a bit inaccurate, and should really be the half-moon type for the 1917 (it was the .455 Hand Ejector in the Tunisia shots that had the custom front sight afaik), but it’s a starting point for 3D scanning if it’s needed.

That's a gorgeous piece! And offering to have it examined by Chris is incredibly generous of you! Thank you!

I prefer the front sight as you have it here.

Last edited:
Back