Highlander Brandy bottled in 1783

Kypropguy

I was just wondering if maybe anyone on here has ever replicated the bottle from the first Highlander film. You know the infamous 1783 Brandy. I've never seen good enough grabs to really see the details that maybe there's some source that I have not. Would be interested to see someone's replica or maybe someone on here might want to see if there's enough interest to maybe do a run

There is an earlier threat about various Highlander props: Highlander

And there are multiple members who've tried their hand at one... me included

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_143252.jpg
    IMG_20221002_143252.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 385
There is an earlier threat about various Highlander props: Highlander

And there are multiple members who've tried their hand at one... me included
Looks great. Are there any good photos of the screen used prop?I have never seen a good clear image, but really liking the vibe of the one you made. How screen accurate would you say yours is and would anyone including yourself be interested in possibly making a small run.

Well if anyone gets froggy as they say LOL and decides to do a couple of bottles or even a copy of the book please message me I would be interested been looking for both of these to obtained since I was a kid watching the movie for the first time

Nice. What kind of bottle did you use? And what other materials? Red letter sealing wax? What kind of red cord/rope?

The bottle was a cheap Calvados from a French supermarket (similar to this). Based on the movie stills, it looked like the bottle was slightly tapered towards the bottom.
I bought a 0,5mm waxed string to use as a cord, I think they are readily available.
The wax was indeed red seal wax. I made the seal on the front seperate from the bottle and stuck it on afterwards. I dripped the wax over the top, which I don't recommend because it's messy and hard to control. If I where to make another, I would melt some in a cup and just dip the top of the bottle in that.
As for the logo's: I didn't want to spend the money on having a proper stamp made. So I used al sorts of materials which I shaped/etched/etc. I got something working in the end, but none of the methods were perfect.
The lable (obviously) is a simple printout, aged with coffee and tea.

It's a nice cheap build, and it tought me a lot about sealing wax.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back