Help me Studio Scale Gurus. You are my only hope.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
So, I know a few of you have come over already, but I know others of you who think you will get some kind of scaling disease if you venture outside the studio scale forum into that wild west that is the general modeling forum, but I need your help and expertise and you guys are absolutely second to none when it comes to identiying model parts found on screen used props, so if you would, take a look at these two threads:

http://www.therpf.com/f11/predator-backpack-greeblies-10-parts-left-ided-146351/

http://www.therpf.com/f11/predator-plasma-cannon-greeblies-26-parts-need-146918/

We have been researching the screen used Predator backpack and cannon which is loaded with model parts. We only have a few left but seem to have hit a brick wall and could really use some additional eyes, so please take a look and see if you can't help us nail down these last few pieces.

Hey Art,looks like parts 9,15,16 are from Tamiya 1/35 Challenger I.Could be more parts in the kit,but I run out of time to search for now.

Forums

Dave

Last edited:
Part #6 is from the 1/72 Hasegawa Morser Carl
kit part #5 is def from a motorcycle

We found part #6 on the 1:35th Tamiya Bradley.

Thanks for the heads up on Part #5. Any idea what type of motorcycle part that would be? I am assuming it must be a relatively large scale for a piece that big.

Wait... that is a Challenger 2 kit... maybe that is the problem.

Finally got into studio scale modelers! Good call. Those are definitely the parts... and I even see two more!

It's great that you're getting there on the IDs Art! I think some of the challenge here is that the kits used are outside of the usual Star Wars bunch that a lot of us usually use. It's good to see that it's coming together. Go team!

It's great that you're getting there on the IDs Art! I think some of the challenge here is that the kits used are outside of the usual Star Wars bunch that a lot of us usually use. It's good to see that it's coming together. Go team!

I really shouldn't be, but I am stunned and amazed at the ability this community has when it comes to things like this. The ability of modellers to identify these parts has always seemed something akin to wizardry to me, and this only solidifies that belief. Seeing that we have IDed over 75% of the parts in such a short amount of time is absolutely incredible. I just hope this helps people in the Predator community.

I know, as we ID these kits, I am trying to buy a copy and might put together a Predator "accurizer" kit at some point, offering up all the parts.

We found part #6 on the 1:35th Tamiya Bradley.

Thanks for the heads up on Part #5. Any idea what type of motorcycle part that would be? I am assuming it must be a relatively large scale for a piece that big.

Looks like a Motorcross Motor cycle part. Like a 1:8 Suzuki Motocrosser or similar.
Hope this helps!
GL
:)

Been looking and looking. Not seeing anything in the motorcycle world to match... Grrrr!!! I want to find this piece!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back