Help Looking For Similar Model Part

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am looking for four rocket thrusters similar to the example below for a project I am working on. The catch is that they can be no larger than one inch in diameter. I'm hoping someone could steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

image.jpg

There are a couple rocket kits that might work. I think there was a 1/200 scale kit of all the rockets used in the early US manned space program.

That's the F1 engine from the Saturn V. According to wiki it was 12.2 feet across which is 1.016in in 1/144 scale.

Some of the Maschinen Krieger / MaK / SF3D / ZbV3000 models have similar parts; the Fireball, for one, I think.

If you only need 2 engines, then (if you can find it) a SAFS might be cheaper than a 1/144 Saturn V.

Good luck.

-MJ

I just checked the Airfix 1/144 Saturn V kit I have for parts, and the main thrusters are just over 1"... 1.0500" to be exact (26.67mm).

Looking towards Ma.K is actually a good idea. There are some nice aftermarket engine bells that have been created for those lines.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back