Help Looking For Similar Model Part

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by bobatrek, Apr 4, 2015.

1. bobatrek

bobatrek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am looking for four rocket thrusters similar to the example below for a project I am working on. The catch is that they can be no larger than one inch in diameter. I'm hoping someone could steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

image.jpg

2. Duncanator

Duncanator Well-Known Member

There are a couple rocket kits that might work. I think there was a 1/200 scale kit of all the rockets used in the early US manned space program.

3. robn1

robn1 Master Member

That's the F1 engine from the Saturn V. According to wiki it was 12.2 feet across which is 1.016in in 1/144 scale.

4. Mike J.

Mike J. Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Some of the Maschinen Krieger / MaK / SF3D / ZbV3000 models have similar parts; the Fireball, for one, I think.

If you only need 2 engines, then (if you can find it) a SAFS might be cheaper than a 1/144 Saturn V.

Good luck.

-MJ

5. MonsieurTox

MonsieurTox Master Member

Airfix or Monogram 1/144 Saturn V.

6. Teddz

Teddz Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just checked the Airfix 1/144 Saturn V kit I have for parts, and the main thrusters are just over 1"... 1.0500" to be exact (26.67mm).

7. Straycatt

Straycatt Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking towards Ma.K is actually a good idea. There are some nice aftermarket engine bells that have been created for those lines.

8. bobatrek

bobatrek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wound up purchasing the Airfix 1/144 Saturn V - I'll let you know how it goes.