Help in confirming modeller identity - ABC Robot concept model

troytempest

As a new member of the forum (I have read through it a lot over the past months) I would like to add my photos of what I am told is the concept model made prior to the working screen used robot seen in VinceVaders post. I have changed the location of my original post to here, as I feel this is more likely to give a result. The story is a friend of mine went along to an auction of props at Shepperton looking for mantle pieces, fireplaces and light fittings from the Art deco era and the model was in one of the lots! I was lucky that the buyers were local to me and a friend pointed out where it was. It mentions in The making of Judge Dredd book that Chris Halls made the concept scale model- I would really like to hear from anyone who could confirm this. He has a few details missing, with some still to put back on from a bag of bits but overall a nice model. Standing about 42 inches plus a 3 inch heavy wooden base. Mainly carved out of MDF on a steel skeleton dressed with antenna cable, tubing and aluminium parts. Nice touch is a battery pack which light up two large Led's in the eyes! This is certainly NOT a D.I.Y. job as someone else stated in the Dredd Forum.

Attachments

• DSCN9555.JPG
    DSCN9555.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 166
  • DSCN9556.JPG
    DSCN9556.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
  • DSCN9574.JPG
    DSCN9574.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 156
  • DSCN9571.JPG
    DSCN9571.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • DSCN9558.JPG
    DSCN9558.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
  • DSCN9562.JPG
    DSCN9562.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 161
  • DSCN9553.JPG
    DSCN9553.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 159
  • DSCN9549.JPG
    DSCN9549.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 162
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back