Help IDing BR Alfa Romeo Spinner Parts

RAM

Hello guys!

I need help in identifying some kit parts on the Alfa Romeo spinner in Blade Runner. I'm not an experienced modeler and I can't ID parts but I want to see if I could possibly replicate this. The original model was around a foot. I think some parts are from some formula one kits like the air intakes on the sides and the underside wheels and tubes. In some of the photos you can see model sprues or whatever on the sides so that may help.

Side view unpainted.png
here is a side view of the filming miniature
Right side view unpainted.png

Backside Detail.png
I think those curved pieces are tank tread covers
Bottom Painted.png
Underside detail. Like I sad a lot of detail looks like it comes from an F1
Window Detail.png
Window detail
Side View Detail.png
Painted side view

Front View Unpainted.png
This image is actually flipped.
Bottom in progress.png
The underside in progress
Angle Unpainted.png

If anybody can ID some of these parts that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

RAM :)

Kits ID'd
Tamiya Marder 1a2
Tamiya 88mm Flak 36/37
AMT Kenworth k123
AMT Klingon K'Tinga (decals)
Tamiya Wolf Wr1
Tamiya M23
koolshade?

Last edited:
Well in the first picture, the fenders in front of the black wire management tube, look to be from the Tamiya German 88mm 36/37 gun kit.

Hello, nice model !

I can see some Tamiya 88mm parts, some Tamiya 1/12 DFV parts (Ford engine you find in several 1/12 Tamiya formula one), and some parts from the 1/35 Tamiya Marder 1A2.

I can see some Tamiya 88mm parts, some Tamiya 1/12 DFV parts (Ford engine you find in several 1/12 Tamiya formula one), and some parts from the 1/35 Tamiya Marder 1A2.
Thank you for the ID. It looks like they definitely used the Marder treads on the bumper. I think the crome mud flap from the Kenwoth K123 is used as those curved things on the back.

Thanks!

RAM

The Marder is also used to make the intake or whatever it is above the windscreen, the parts on each side of the tank thread are chopped off the rear chassis plate (the kind of grills).I think I can also spot some vintage Koolshade.

1/12 Tamiya Wolf WR1 for the 4 large radiator grills with the cross bar on the underside, and probably for the other DFV engine parts around there too.

Some of the pipings on the underside are from this kit too.

Suspensions parts (triangles), on the underside again, from this kit, seems to be a huge donor !

VERY cool pics - thank you for sharing! Do you have any more? Bill George's work on this film is something I'm a big fan of.

I redrew the original photo etch art for this model, from scans of the film positive art - here ya go. Looks like they didn't use the round element?

http://jasoneaton.com/roboterkampf/misc/ARSpinnerEtch.ai

There are other Marder parts on the roof.

I do have more photos that I will upload later. These are all screengrabs from the Blu Ray edition of BR. There are some photos of his flying truck on there that show the underside of the model. Thanks for the photoetch!

1/12 Tamiya Wolf WR1 for the 4 large radiator grills with the cross bar on the underside, and probably for the other DFV engine parts around there too.

Some of the pipings on the underside are from this kit too.

Suspensions parts (triangles), on the underside again, from this kit, seems to be a huge donor !

Thank you Julien for all the help! I will get to numbering everything soon.
Thanks!
RAM

Thanks Lee. I don't see any other parts used besisdes those decals. I need to know what that checkerboard decal on the hood is from.

Yeah without those stills it would be way more difficult to find these parts.

thanks

RAM

Wow, RAM, thank you for sharing these. I, too, was unaware these incredible shots were in the Blu-ray extras (and the flying truck, too!).

Can't ID any parts--sorry--but I'd be down to build one of these in studio scale.

Wow, RAM, thank you for sharing these. I, too, was unaware these incredible shots were in the Blu-ray extras (and the flying truck, too!).

Can't ID any parts--sorry--but I'd be down to build one of these in studio scale.

I got some more screen grabs and hopefully other parts can be identified but I have photos of the "Flying Truck" and the rarely seen lobster spinner. Yeah this will be my first big project if I actually can get everything right. I would love to see others make the Alfa or Lobster but it really feels like these models are "lost" so to speak. They need more attention :) It would also be cool to see it in other colors or how it would look if it was new.

Flying truck front.png
you can definitely see the marter treads on the front.
Flying Truck Side.png

Flying truck bottom.png

front.png
Can anyone identify the kind of air intake things on the sides? it looks like a cut down piece of the Tamiya Lotus 72d
frontside painted copy.png
need these parts identified.
Angle of back.png
Lobster spinner.png
Its crazy how like three of these pictures exist :lol
Alfa in scale.png
In the dangerous days documentary you can see the Alfa in the background. It gives a sense of scale.

Thanks for all the help guys! :)

RAM

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back