Help Identifying or Reproducing Constantine Keychain

Well. I've been back at it. What do you all think? I'm so close now. I just have to make the last link for the Mary medal and cut the keys.
I want to point out that my keys are not replicated or repoped. I worked for so long to find them. I joined forums for people that collect keys and eventually wound up on the phone with a guy that knew the exact key and had 3 as seen in an earlier post. I sold one, and I used the last on a set I am making for TK-1776.

Attachments

• My set 2.png
    My set 2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
  • back.png
    back.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Well, it's clear, you are way beyond tenacious. Your initial communication for starting the construction of this prop was about six years ago and after all that time you are now completing two Constantine key ring exorcism props. It has certainly been a long quest. Congratulations! Also, it seems TK-1776 will get one of your fine props. I admit, I thought the chance of that happening was as close to zero as you can get, sort of like having a proton disintegrate in less than a trillion years. But circumstances demonstrate that anything can happen when human tenacity is involved.

Well, it's clear, you are way beyond tenacious. Your initial communication for starting the construction of this prop was about six years ago and after all that time you are now completing two Constantine key ring exorcism props. It has certainly been a long quest. Congratulations! Also, it seems TK-1776 will get one of your fine props. I admit, I thought the chance of that happening was as close to zero as you can get, sort of like having a proton disintegrate in less than a trillion years. But circumstances demonstrate that anything can happen when human tenacity is involved.
Thanks! I've been on and off it over time, plus I'm in the military, so I've deployed over seas a couple of times, and moved to a couple of new bases since I posted way back in 2016. Its been a busy 6 years.

Impressive. So, you've been defending this country abroad and in your spare time building two fine Constantine props, I'm sure among many other things. Now that's a story worth telling. It has been said that the military-trained mind is most creative, and I would add tenacious. You have definitely demonstrated those characteristics in this forum in my opinion.

Impressive. So, you've been defending this country abroad and in your spare time building two fine Constantine props, I'm sure among many other things. Now that's a story worth telling. It has been said that the military-trained mind is most creative, and I would add tenacious. You have definitely demonstrated those characteristics in this forum in my opinion.
Again, thanks for the compliment. I do have stories but I'm sure you do too. ;)

I know this thread isn't for this but, here's some pics of my lighters (front and back). You know the one from the movie. What you might not know is that all the replicas out there have the wrong hinges. This one has the "extremely" hard to find, correct hinges. Also the TV show lighter.

Attachments

• lighters.png
    lighters.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
I know this thread isn't for this but, here's some pics of my lighters (front and back). You know the one from the movie. What you might not know is that all the replicas out there have the wrong hinges. This one has the "extremely" hard to find, correct hinges. Also the TV show lighter.
That’s awesome! I didn’t realize that the replicas had wrong hinges.

I fell down the key ring rabbit hole over the last few weeks. The degree of difficulty is an "11" for sure...literally. Many thanks for all the hard work from everyone who have completed their key chains. While I've been able to identify the manufacturers (based on the work done here), many are out of business or out of stock. Does anyone have any leads on the 3 medals pictured below? I've looked at thousands of listing across North America and Europe but no luck. Singer still has the one listed on their website but no stock online. I'm going to contact them next week.

1670124722390.png

Creed Four Way medal (SS442)

1670124784334.png

Singer 1-1/4 Inch Sterling Silver Wreath Cross Five Way medal (SM0840SH)

1670125033329.png

Madonna of the Streets medal

I've been able to find the other medals online via ebay, etsy and other websites. We'll see if the sellers come through. Finding the part numbers was a big help.

Here's my list if anyone else wants to take on the key chain challenge.

1670125592218.png

1. Corbin/ILCO steamer trunk key (# 8682L HTN1-12 SERIES)
  2. Vintage Marathon Four way scapular (ST709 Discontinued) - Not Theda although the designs are very close.
  3. Bliss Our Lady of Seven Sorrows (80-132SS-24S ) Mater Dolorosa Figure Pendant Necklace
  4. Bliss St Aloysius (41-108/R108-1)
  5. Singer 1-1/4 Inch Sterling Silver Wreath Cross Five Way medal (SM0840SH)
  6. Jeweled Cross Our Lady of Perpetual Help Medal (JC-152/1MFT)
  7. Creed Four Way medal (SS442 Discontinued)
  8. St Joseph Saint Medal Pendant w/Chain by Jeweled Cross (JC-111-1MFT)
  9. HMH Sterling Silver 7-Way medal (s147724)
  10. Vintage Madonna of the Streets medal (???)
  11. ILCO Slot Machine key (1055A)
  12. Smooth round key ring
  13. 8mm Round Rondelle Ring Donut Spacer Craft Beads (11 ball)
  14. Dead soft sterling silver wire (gauge?)

Last edited:
I fell down the key ring rabbit hole over the last few weeks. The degree of difficulty is an "11" for sure...literally. Many thanks for all the hard work from everyone who have completed their key chains. While I've been able to identify the manufacturers (based on the work done here), many are out of business or out of stock. Does anyone have any leads on the 3 medals pictured below? I've looked at thousands of listing across North America and Europe but no luck. Singer still has the one listed on their website but no stock online. I'm going to contact them next week.

View attachment 1644424
Creed Four Way medal (SS442)

View attachment 1644425
Singer 1-1/4 Inch Sterling Silver Wreath Cross Five Way medal (SM0840SH)

View attachment 1644426
Madonna of the Streets medal

I've been able to find the other medals online via ebay, etsy and other websites. We'll see if the sellers come through. Finding the part numbers was a big help.

Here's my list if anyone else wants to take on the key chain challenge.

View attachment 1644427
  1. Corbin/ILCO steamer trunk key (# 8682L HTN1-12 SERIES)
  2. Vintage Theda Four way scapular (???)
  3. Bliss Our Lady of Seven Sorrows (80-132SS-24S ) Mater Dolorosa Figure Pendant Necklace
  4. Bliss St Aloysius (41-108/R108-1)
  5. Singer 1-1/4 Inch Sterling Silver Wreath Cross Five Way medal (SM0840SH)
  6. Jeweled Cross Our Lady of Perpetual Help Medal (JC-152/1MFT)
  7. Creed Four Way medal (SS442)
  8. St Joseph Saint Medal Pendant w/Chain by Jeweled Cross (JC-111-1MFT)
  9. HMH Sterling Silver 7-Way medal (s147724)
  10. Vintage Madonna of the Streets medal (???)
  11. ILCO Slot Machine key (1055A)
  12. Smooth round key ring
  13. 8mm Round Rondelle Ring Donut Spacer Craft Beads (11 ball)
  14. Dead soft sterling silver wire (gauge?)

When searching for no 7 remember to search for the earlier Hayward version too. Not only Creed made this.

When I found the two no 10 I searched for "teardrop madonna pendant".

The place I bought my no 5 dosen't carry it any more.

Just out of curiosity where did you find your no 6?

If you find the keys and have extras I would be EXTREMELY interested.

I've started soldering mine on... but it's going slow :rolleyes:

IMG_6784.jpg

Thanks for the tip on the word pendant. I was locked into searching on religious medals. I've tried it and I'm getting more results in the right vein.

Just out of curiosity where did you find your no 6?

If you find the keys and have extras I would be EXTREMELY interested.

I bought three have not received any yet. Here's the original.

1670184012460.png
1670183983489.png

Here's the one from heavenly divine - it has the correct back and the correct maker mark. I think its smaller than the original though. The die should have been retired long ago but I'm mostly interested in the back.
1670184110707.png
1670184126903.png

: Our Lady Perpetual Help Saint Medal w/Chain by Jeweled Cross

Here's the one from Ebay Austria from the 1920's. This one is very similar and crisp.
1670184477547.png
1670184409419.png

And last, here's one from Etsy that someone is casting in pewter. It was cheap and has the same straight lines on the right hand robe sleeve.
1670184663571.png

I will continue to search for a clearer version but the original was also suffering from die fatigue. My plan B is to 3D scan these and make my own.

Same on the key, unless an original appears. I'll scan and cast them from this key. Same on the ILCO. I have a 1014 slot machine key en-route that should suffice for the scans. I know that there are versions on Shapeways but I'm not keen on the final look post processing. I'd like to try casting them from old keys. Very much a backup plan at this point.
1670183673587.png

Last edited:
I should have a version of the #5 wreath cross in-hand shortly, cast through Shapeways. It may be a suitable stand-in while waiting to see if the original supplier produces them again.

medallion render.png

I should have a version of the #5 wreath cross in-hand shortly, cast through Shapeways. It may be a suitable stand-in while waiting to see if the original supplier produces them again.

View attachment 1644694
I just spoke with Singer, the makers of the above medal, and they expect a restock at the end of December.

I need to dig in on the Creed/Hayward Four Way medal (SS442). The only place online that I found it was at the Silver Four Way Medal but it is out of stock. Given the design and the lack of search hits, I wonder if the name is correct. Can anyone confirm the name/item number?

The medals have started trickling in with mixed results. I received medals 2, 6, 8, 9 and key stand-in 11.

1670125592218-png.png

I thought #2 was a Theda medal but after closer examination, its close but no cigar. The front radiant lines are wrong and the back is dished instead of flat and no horizontal line. I believe this one pre-dates the film one though, as Theda Company was dissolved in 1994. It almost looks like the Theda die/design was reworked with a new back.

i-XQrL8qd-M[1].jpg
i-ZmtTzGk-M[1].jpg

vs the Propstore photos

Theda medal.jpeg
Theda medal 2.jpeg

Based on this photo from Buch, I'm guessing its a Marathon medal but have not found it as of yet.
Marathon Medal.jpg

Medal #6 in pewter is a good starting point for a DIY medal. The Jeweled Cross one in sterling was replaced with a Bliss one (which I am returning). The Jeweled Cross one is no longer available. The seller tells me that there is a pewter one from Jeweled Cross still available but was uncertain if it had the right back.
i-s86Rn57-M[1].jpg

Medal #8 has been struck by a strong case of shrink-flation so that's a no go. Note to self: Read the listing description. Unless I ordered the wrong medal, do not order a new Jeweled Cross version instead buy pre-owned.
i-RKCXvGW-S.jpg

I've got another coming from a French auction that is closer to the right size:
St Joseph.jpg

On medal #9, the HMH 7 way metal arrived but for some reason they are now cutting facets into the face of the new medals. Again you may want to find a pre-owned one as your OCD requires. I don't see any facets on the Prop store auction photos.

i-prn23WQ-M.jpg

Lastly, the stand-in key for #11, an ILCO 1014A. Still looking for the 1055A.
i-Frf36r2-S.jpg
i-RvbKXTZ-S.jpg

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong but I'm guesstimating the key ring is 1.25" based on the Prop Store photo.
1670977025331.png

1. Corbin/ILCO steamer trunk key (# 8682L HTN1-12 SERIES) - Still looking, may modify Corbin branded keys
  2. Vintage ???? Four way scapular (???) - ISO of details on this one. Marathon maker?
  3. Bliss Our Lady of Seven Sorrows (80-132SS-24S ) Mater Dolorosa Figure Pendant Necklace - Done
  4. Bliss St Aloysius (41-108/R108-1) - Done
  5. Singer 1-1/4 Inch Sterling Silver Wreath Cross Five Way medal (SM0840SH) - Pending December restock
  6. Jeweled Cross Our Lady of Perpetual Help Medal (JC-152/1MFT) - ISO of vintage medal, waiting on pewter version
  7. Creed Four Way medal (SS442) - ISO vintage medal
  8. St Joseph Saint Medal Pendant w/Chain by Jeweled Cross (JC-111-1MFT) - New medals are too small, ISO vintage medal
  9. HMH Sterling Silver 7-Way medal (s147724) - Done vintage medal found
  10. Vintage Madonna of the Streets medal (???) - Waiting on pendant from the UK
  11. ILCO Slot Machine key (1055A) - Still looking, may modify 1014A ILCO branded keys
  12. Smooth round key ring - Done
  13. 8mm Round Rondelle Ring Donut Spacer Craft Beads (11 ball) - Done
  14. Dead soft sterling silver wire (gauge?) - Waiting on test wire

i-5csKTzQ-S.jpg

For added degree of difficulty, try vintage vs new medals - the original prop used medals that did not include the carved facets that seem to be the style now. The medal on the left is new, the one on the right is old. Half moon facets are carved into the spacer between the mini medals on the new one. Fortunately, the gods of OCD are going to let me slide on my other medals (My #3 and #4 have similar facets.) . Just thought it was interesting if someone is looking to authenticate a future purchase of medals or props.

i-zpgwZ4z-L.jpg

Prop photo for reference.
1670979459097.png

Some progress on different medals after the holidays.

1. Corbin/ILCO steamer trunk key (# 8682L HTN1-12 SERIES) - Still looking, experimented with modifying Corbin with decent success
  2. Vintage ???? Four way scapular (???) - ISO of details on this one. Marathon maker?
  3. Bliss Our Lady of Seven Sorrows (80-132SS-24S ) Mater Dolorosa Figure Pendant Necklace - Done
  4. Bliss St Aloysius (41-108/R108-1) - Done
  5. Singer 1-1/4 Inch Sterling Silver Wreath Cross Five Way medal (SM0840SH) - Still out of stock, check back in February
  6. Jeweled Cross Our Lady of Perpetual Help Medal (JC-152/1MFT) - Pewter received, it'll work for a replica
  7. Creed Four Way medal (SS442) - ISO vintage medal
  8. St Joseph Saint Medal Pendant w/Chain by Jeweled Cross (JC-111-1MFT) - Done, not a Jeweled Cross but close enough
  9. HMH Sterling Silver 7-Way medal (s147724) - Done vintage medal found
  10. Vintage Madonna of the Streets medal (???) - Donor medals received
  11. ILCO Slot Machine key (1055A) - Still looking, may modify 1014A ILCO branded keys, received newer 1055A
  12. Smooth round key ring - Done
  13. 8mm Round Rondelle Ring Donut Spacer Craft Beads (11 ball) - Done
  14. Dead soft sterling silver wire (gauge?) - Tested 18 gauge, looks too thin
#14 Sterling wire bails

Based on the Prop store photos, the solder looks too grey to be silver solder so I'm assuming an electronics solder was used. 18 gauge looks too thin. I'll try again with 17 gauge.

i-VhQMX6W-M.jpg

i-ZxFB7tG-M.jpg
i-vPrrXPJ-M.jpg

#11 ILCO key 1055A
I found a newer 1055A key that will work as a stand in but the head is wrong. I may be able to modify a 1014A but it may not be necessary if I can work out a trade with another RPFer.

i-SX7JLrd-S.jpg

#10 Madonna of the streets - Donor parts received and should be a fairly straight forward mod.
i-DZzmPCw-M.jpg

Both were attached using a glue that released with heating. The medal on the right is branded as ROMA. Interesting the Madonna of interest is stamped metal not cast as I had thought. A cast replica should be fairly straight forward. I'll try scanning it first.
i-bTfNFKm-S.jpg

The background pendant from the donor medal is the right shape but the surrounding star is cut instead of punched. I've got sterling sheet to make a replica.
i-CqZLqdc-S.jpg

#8 St Joseph Saint Medal Pendant w/Chain by Jeweled Cross (JC-111-1MFT)

The medal from France is a good match for size and design, with some modifications. Its does not have the Jeweled cross makers mark but I may be able to etch it. It'll need some patina work to achieve the yellowish tint shown in the movie.

Original medal compared to the miniature Jeweled Cross one
i-vv6CZGJ-S.jpg

Medal after some rework and polishing
i-QJqwhVs-M.jpg
i-9dF5Dbm-M.jpg

Second guessing my assumption that the original medal was larger than the 3/4" medal. Here's the sizing that I am basing my assumptions on extrapolating from the actual size of the 7 way medal. From this, I'm guessing the original St Jospeh medal is 1" in diameter
1672973537980.png

#6 Jeweled Cross Our Lady of Perpetual Help Medal (JC-152/1MFT) - I'm still looking for a vintage one but if I'm unable to find one then the plan is to cobble together one using scanning and 3D printing. Given the work involved, I'll hold on this one for now in hopes of finding a right sized original.

Here's the donor medals. The one on the right is the pewter Jeweled cross that is too small. It does have the right ***** portrait on the back though. The other medals are to be scanned for creating a close medal.
i-GmGPFDz-M.jpg

#1 Corbin/ILCO steamer trunk key

I successfully sanded off a Corbin logo to replicate the screen used blank. I have spare keys that can be cut and pieced together to make a full blank.
i-NgZzvG4-M.jpg

i-MFhNm8k-M.jpg

Last edited:
The Creed 4 way medal was discontinued sometime after Christian Brands bought Creed in 2011. When manufactured by Creed, the medal was listed on Creeds website on the 4 way medal page (see the pic below) but was called 7 Gifts. Christian Brands renamed it the Miraculous medal per Christian Brands customer service rep.

1676399243630.png

Heads up, the singer medal, the wreathed cross is back in stock.
IMG_20230219_171416_Bokeh__01.jpg

The Madonna of the street stamping mounted on sterling silver. I swaged it and patina'd it with liver of sulphur. It was glued with Vigor jewelers epoxy and finished with black effects wax.

IMG_20230219_170057_Bokeh__01.jpg

I knocked the polish down a little with soda blasting and repatina'd.

IMG_20230221_135333__01.jpg

Original
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
On the Corbin key, earlier Joel posted this pic referencing the TTD1-5 keys.
e-with-oval-and-ridge-other-without-oval-and-r-jpg.jpg

I can confirm that the TTD-5 will not work. The keys are mirrored. I'm assuming the other TTD keys are similar.

1677865264170.png

Above is the original key and below is the comparison between the TTD and the HTN series keys. Note the mirroring.
IMG_20230303_112532__01.jpg

Also notable is the length of the keys. These are ~51mm long with a 26mm shank. Compared with other trunk keys, these are longer.
IMG_20230303_112602__01.jpg

I'm planning to frankenstein a key from the smaller key head.

While on the topic of keys, I tried a prototype cut and patina from the ebay keys that I posted earlier. The ID side looks good although the patina is too heavy.
IMG_20230303_111616.jpg

The right side is slightly worn that looks like a manufacturing defect / die wear.
IMG_20230303_111623.jpg

I cut the slots with a jeweler's saw. I'd like them to be more square in the slots. I'll try laser engraving them next. The original looks like it was cut by hand given the unusual key ways.
1677866112496.png

Here's the key pattern that I traced from above, if you are trying to do the same.
1677866842594.png

On this four way medal, I've confirmed it's of Marathon manufacture (SC711 confirmed). It is discontinued but they still have some stock. Georgetti.com was able to order it for $90. It's not on anyone's website that I could find. This will be another difficult to find medal in the future.

From Marathon's catalog, its the medal on the right, not the one one of the left. I originally received the one on the left but Georgetti was quick to replace it and nice enough to send me a screenshot of the catalog image. I'd recommend them if you are looking to buy one.
1678805246771.png

theda-medal-jpeg.jpg

I am still looking for the Creed medal shown in the movie, if anyone has any leads. I'm actively scanning ebay daily and etsy periodically.
1677867250722.png

I have had good luck finding the stamped medal for the Madonna of the Streets medal using reverse image search targeting Ebay and Etsy. If you are looking, search terms for recent auctions are:
Mary ***** Roma Medal OUR LADY VIRGIN Vintage Mother Child

Fortunately it is clearly branded as ROMA. There is a silver version and gold version out there. You can likely strip and plate the gold but the silver version can be found.
IMG_20230303_112125.jpg

IMG_20230303_112113.jpg

I traced the teardrop and starburst from the propstore photo and confirmed the sizing against a childless Madonna teardrop that had a faceted starburst.
IMG_20230303_112157__01.jpg

I cut the teardrop out of 16 gauge sterling and stamped it with a repousse fluting tool. Note it doesn't take much force to crease the dead soft silver. The original medal does have a slight curve but the stamped ROMA figures are flat backed. If you swage it like I did, you'll find yourself tapping out the bend.

1677867990698.png

Following polishing this will be soda blasted, to mimic the original texture, the stamping glued and patina'd with liver of sulfur.
IMG_20230303_112250__01.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back