Help a wounded Vet? Anyone?

swpropmaker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it deals with models...

I had a guy pick up one of my kits and through email I found out he was wounded in Iraq while serving in the Army and was using building model kits as part of his therapy at Ft. Bragg.. helps hand and eye coordination as well with coping with PTSD.

I am going to send him a few free Star trek kits (ERTL BOP, Polar Lights Enterprise) to help him in his recovery.. He likes Star Trek for sure.... not sure what else yet... I'm trying to tacticaly gather info on his likes so he doesnt know what i'm up to... if you are interested in sending a wounded warrior a kit.. shoot me a pm and i'll forward you his name and address. I'll also send you his interests as well.

Thanks
Steve

Yes, please let us know. I don't have any Trek kits but have some extra Polar Lights stuff laying around. I'm sure I could come up with 1 or 2 kits I'd be happy to donate

What about other vets? There might be others doing the same therapy.

Absolutely... Walter Reed may be the best place to start.. I wasnt planning a "Models for Military" thing but if the interest is there from our community I dont think it would be a bad thing... matter of fact.. a great thing to help these warriors get back to normal lives.

As soon as I hear back... I'll post his likes here and just PM me for his address... if this works out we'll give him an instant kit collection! We'll keep him busy for years!! Image the surprise when all these kits start showing up.. talk about knowing your sacrafice has not gone appreciated!

Thanks guys,
Steve

I don't have any kits to give him but give me his address and which branch he serves under and I'll send him a box that I'm putting together for the "Wounded Warrior Project." These are going to for sale with proceeds going to wounded warrior but I like to send them to the vets too! He can use it to hold some of his modeling supplies! :cool

6757090903_9bd06c39e6.jpg

6757092127_a536d2e651.jpg

Here is his intersts guys...

"I have always been a total fan of Star Trek. After that I like Aircraft, I actually startedin the Air Force between 1981 and 1986 when I left it for the Army. I worked on fighters then, but my total true love of the scene are the cargo birds. Aftert that, experimental and off cargo birds like the YC-14 and the russian An-124 and ekranoplans. NOt Sure why, but I've always liked those type of planes."

I appreciate all the pm's guys! Remember PM me for his shipping addy!

Steve

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back