to help a friend

barrie

Hello every one, this is not a space craft or even sci fi related but thought some of you might like to have a look at my latest model. The model is a grey fergie tractor, it was built for my friend in Ireland, we have been friends for over forty years and he has always planned to restore the old tractor his uncle had on the farm one day, but things got in the way as life does and now he is very ill. So I thought if he could not get to do the tractor I would try to make a replica for him to have in his home. For me it was one thing I could do to maybe put a smile on his face and take his mind of other things. It was a challenge as most of my work is sci fi related, but it turned out ok, I took the model to his brother who will soon be going over to visit my friend and then he can see the model in person. It might help it might not but I had to give it a go.

every one keep safe and well , and remember model makers have to stick together

regards Barrie (the DSC07393.JPGDSC07390.JPGDSC07383.JPGDSC07371.JPGDSC07386.JPG old guy )

Love it! My grandfather had a Massey on his midwestern US dairy farm. I would sit on his lap and he would let me steer it to the barn for evening milking. Best time and memories a kid could have.

thank you every one for your very kind comments, as for the scale, well I got a drawing of the good old interweb and enlarged it by 3, and its come out at around 1/12 th scale or pretty close. scale is like age its just a number. I just hope that it gets over the irish sea in one piece and not pieces.

keep safe every body
regards Barrie ( the old guy who does not care about numbers )DSC07398.JPG
DSC07372.JPG

Barrie,
it’s a lovely gesture to a life long friend. Those old Massey Ferguson tractors certainly have an air of nostalgia about them and loved by many in the farming community here. Certainly a more humane size too unlike the monsters that are now used widespread on Irish farms.

Hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

Thank you one and all, my friend has got the model and is very pleased with it and though he may never get the chance to rebuild his uncles full size tractor he has now got one of his own.....it was worth the effort.

every one keep safe and well and remember a little thought goes a long long long way.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Thank you for sharing this story and project with us, Barrie, and thank you for doing this for your friend.

Awesome and very sweet, Barrie! It is nice when a piece can bring real joy to someone. Thanks for sharing!
Regards, Robert
(another 'old guy'!)

Thank you one and all, my friend has got the model and is very pleased with it and though he may never get the chance to rebuild his uncles full size tractor he has now got one of his own.....it was worth the effort.

every one keep safe and well and remember a little thought goes a long long long way.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )
A truly meaningful and touching project for your friend, barrie. :) At least in this way, he has what he always dreamed of.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back