HELLRAISER Display Ideas

Chesterfield Lighter (Continental Lighter from Japan) added to my Hellraiser display. It was Terry Farrell's lighter (possibly her dad's lighter since we see the same brand in the Vietnam flashbacks) in Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth.

Chesterfield Cigarettes Lighter s.jpg

Hellraiser Display 1s.jpg

I couldn't help but notice a Hellraiser Lament Box sitting on the shelf in the background of Brandon Fugal's office in the video chat of the first episode of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. He also had what appeared to be the same Katana from The Matrix I have in my own home theater room that's not far from my own Hellraiser box. I was kind of amused.

Brandon Fugal video chat with Hellraiser box and Matrix Katana Sword in the background on the shelf:

Brandon Fugal Hellraiser Cube.jpg

Location of my Katana:
Right Wall Hats s.jpg

New location of Puzzle Box after being moved from other side of room (to make room for the Horn of Dagoth). This is an older picture before the current display located in a post above:

Right Mid Wall Hellraiser Cube Moved s.jpg

I ended up moving the "Elysium" (clear box) upstairs on my piano with a new rotating LED display (same color changes as the tests in prior posts). It now turns on with my plasma sky display that projects onto the ceiling and changes colors. The LED rotating display actually ends up projecting the cube patterns onto the side wall and ceiling (you can see the circle side and symbols rotating on the ceiling (kind of like the diamond form rotating in Hellraiser II). I've got the entire thing setup to turn on/off with a remote control (RF AC powered).

Not easy to see the pattern clearly from this view, but you get the idea:

Closeup (kind of warm out today):

Hellraiser Box Piano Lit s.jpg

Distant shot showing plasma projector patterns on ceiling (you can just make out the circular pattern in green on the ceiling in the front above the TV on the wall with the side of the box appearing below the TV on the wall). It's not the clearest picture, but you get the idea I think:

Hellraiser Projection.jpg

I just received my new "Inferno" Hellraiser Lament Configuration box from Trick or Treat Studios (licensed cube with metal inlays) today and it's both better and worse than my previous box that's from the Puzzle Box Shop. It's better in that it's not lacquer coated (the one in the movie wasn't either). This may be less durable, but it's also more accurate looking (dull black face not shiny on the round pattern sides and same for the red wood sides which are shiny on the lacquer coated Puzzle Box Cube and not here). The wood is similar toned, but I'm not certain it's the same wood type (mahogany for Puzzle Box Shop I believe). What appears less accurate is that the metal faces appear to be brushed metal (I think their site said nickel etching) and as near as I can tell the ones from the original movie, at least were not brushed metal. Their web site photos don't show brushed metal (meaning single direction lines), but you can clearly see it in this photo I took of it. The price difference is about 2x more for the Puzzle Box Shop one (I bought one used for half price, putting it at a similar cost). Maybe this one could be polished since it's not lacquer coated to randomize the grain, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

Trick or Treat Studios Hellraiser - Lament Box s01.jpg

Comparison of Puzzle Shop Box version I have (you can see the lacquer on the top side in the photo at least):

Lament Box New.jpg

Nice collection. I love Hellraiser. The only prop I have is a copy of the plans to destroy the box from Hellraiser: Bloodlines. Very cool display!!

Nice collection. I love Hellraiser. The only prop I have is a copy of the plans to destroy the box from Hellraiser: Bloodlines. Very cool display!!

Thanks. I just ordered 3 more glass dome base jars and I have an unusual 1990s box coming that has the gold panels mounted on dark red transparent material (plastic I assume) that I'm interested in seeing how it looks lit with a light puck base (like the transparent box, but here with the regular panels). I also ordered a styrofoam base to put the diamond configuration into and mount in a dome, possibly with a rotating box with accent lights. It'll give me something to play around with as I like doing remote controlled lighting displays in my home theater I can turn on/off with a button to show off.

New Bell Jars....

Closed:

Lament Boxes Bell Jars Closed Center 01s.jpg

Center OPEN:

Lament Boxes Bell Jars Open Center 01s.jpg

Center Open with Inverted Diamond in background on the left and lighter from Hellraiser III on the right

Lament Boxes Bell Jars Open Center 02s.jpg

Center Open with Diamond moved to front right and lighter to front left with boxes raised on left/right (left side lifted so spotlight that projects onto ceiling projects onto the side of the cube in the dark and rolls light across the face for a cool effect; right side to match better and show more faces):

Lament Boxes Bell Jars Open Center 03s.jpg

I tried some ideas to rotate the diamond config. The styrofoam base held it vertically, but the light base didn't light it up much at all, but then I had a weird idea of putting it inside the existing clear/lit cube that changes colors while the whole thing rotates:

Lament Diamond Cube 02s.jpg
Lament Diamond Cube 01s.jpg

What to do for the final displays.... too many choices now.

New "Screamin 1991" box (eBay auction) that has a dark red plastic mount so it lights up on a light puck on white and red output (green and blue are too dark). Pictures show output as it spins in red (red) and white (orange).

Screamin 1991 Hellraiser Box UnLit 01s.jpg

Screamin 1991 Hellraiser Box Lit 02s.jpg

Screamin 1991 Hellraiser Box Lit 01s.jpg

I got the new box its own rotating brighter 16-color stand and set it up in the home theater room next to the other boxes in the bell jars and put the diamond configuration behind it and set the ceiling projector to sweep across one side of both in addition to the internal lighting of the new light stand through the box.

Hellraiser Display Rotating 01s.jpg

Last edited:
I moved my real crystal skull to a light puck that changes colors by the Hellraiser display and put a new 16-color puck behind the Harry Potter crystal ball to change to more colors more often. I moved the Screamin' Hellraiser box upstairs to sit on my piano where a light puck alternates between dark and lit up while it rotates in lighting that reflects off its more chrome-like faces in certain rotating positions. It looks way cooler there and I think 3 boxes (and the diamond box) are probably enough for the home theater display.

Hellraiser Display Skull 04s.jpg

Hellraiser Display Skull 03s.jpg

Hellraiser Display Skull 02s.jpg

Hellraiser Display Skull 01s.jpg

New Bell Jars....

Closed:

View attachment 1410327

Center OPEN:

View attachment 1410328

Center Open with Inverted Diamond in background on the left and lighter from Hellraiser III on the right

View attachment 1410326

Center Open with Diamond moved to front right and lighter to front left with boxes raised on left/right (left side lifted so spotlight that projects onto ceiling projects onto the side of the cube in the dark and rolls light across the face for a cool effect; right side to match better and show more faces):

View attachment 1410325

I tried some ideas to rotate the diamond config. The styrofoam base held it vertically, but the light base didn't light it up much at all, but then I had a weird idea of putting it inside the existing clear/lit cube that changes colors while the whole thing rotates:

View attachment 1410329 View attachment 1410330

What to do for the final displays.... too many choices now.
Any chance you'd be willing to share a link to those particular glass domes?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back