Hellboy

Sammael Woodcut Vector File

Anybody want a vector of the Sammael woodcut? Here's a lo-res .jpeg so you know which one I'm talking about:

sammaelwoodcut_lo_res-vi.jpg

Below you will find a high resolution copy (1896x2387) of the image, and then below that is the .ai vector format file. I hope you like!

Last edited:
Here is the paper props I have made so far:

hellboypapers1.jpg

They are:

Last edited:
Any chance you can share these - they look really cool and everything would make a great display

The envelope found on Kroenen with the torn address pieces in it.
The Death Tarot card used by Broom in the hospital sequence.

the best thing to do to avoid copyright would be to buy a current Hellboy comic, remove the staples and cover then replace it with the new cover. I will upload PDFs of my stuff as soon as I have a spare minute.

The actual back cover of the comic can be seen clearly in the scene where Myers looks at Hellbiy for the first time then back down to the comic. It is a custom one created by dark horse comics I would think, based on one that originally appeared on the back cover of issue three of a dark horse comic book called The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist. On that one though the prizes shown feature Hellboy collectables yet on the movie one it has been altered to show other none Hellboy related things.

the best thing to do to avoid copyright would be to buy a current Hellboy comic, remove the staples and cover then replace it with the new cover. I will upload PDFs of my stuff as soon as I have a spare minute.

The actual back cover of the comic can be seen clearly in the scene where Myers looks at Hellbiy for the first time then back down to the comic. It is a custom one created by dark horse comics I would think, based on one that originally appeared on the back cover of issue three of a dark horse comic book called The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist. On that one though the prizes shown feature Hellboy collectables yet on the movie one it has been altered to show other none Hellboy related things.

Very thanks, man!!! Ok, I am waiting your cover file, but for inner page i prefer to print a scan of real comic and after binding that, because is cheap and I can do more copies ;)

did you use the story "World's Greatest Paranormal Investigator" in your comic? That one actually has the Kriegaffe shown on the cover in it. It is a 4 page short story that first appeared in The Comic Buyer's Guide #1070. It was reprinted in the Hellboy: vol. 1 Seed of Destruction trade paperback.

I bulked mine out with a few other short stories (The Iron Feet, Baba Yaga and another untitled short from The Comic Buyer's Guide) and added in the 1965 advertisements in the correct places using The Amazing Spiderman issue 42 as a reference guide. I took all the scanned images into photoshop and made them look more like the 1965 style printing too.

I have added links in the above post to the items in the picture. Beware though as they are quite big files.

I have included the aged paper effect they are on so you just need to print one side then flip the paper over and print the other. Once you have cut the picture out crease them up a bit and go around the edges with some tea or coffee to stain it a little more and bring out the aging effect on them.

I havent included the photo as that is downloadable from Montagar's post at the top of the thread. (Unless anyone wants the aged up version specifically?).

The comic cover will be up soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back