Head Goonie Back to the Future Denim Jacket (2021)

Just looked at a YouTube video and it can actually be applied with a sponge. So I don't have to do any time consuming taping off of the blue areas. Once that is done it must be neutralized with hydrogen peroxide.

Last edited:
I am Utterly obsessed with this jacket! Any fade if will happen over time as it will be worn every damn day haha!

Look forward to this thread growing!
B7B73B00-3616-4BEF-A7C1-1591E94B0E25.jpeg
E60646CA-A292-4703-8BA5-9B2D7707FF5C.jpeg
06639F1E-98DA-49B9-BF1F-A534E2946B29.jpeg

Almost a year since the least post on here. How are you jacket owners feeling about the 2021 release?

I bought a 2015 version back then but mine felt too tight in the arms while wearing the medium. Considering picking one of these up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost a year since the least post on here. How are you jacket owners feeling about the 2021 release?

I bought a 2015 version back then but mine felt too tight in the arms while wearing the medium. Considering picking one of these up.
I like mine. However a couple users here are currently working on other versions. Indy Magnoli and TheNickFox. But Nick has gained the attention of Guess themselves on TikTok and there’s a chance they will recreate it.

I like mine. However a couple users here are currently working on other versions. Indy Magnoli and TheNickFox. But Nick has gained the attention of Guess themselves on TikTok and there’s a chance they will recreate it.
Yeah I’ve seen the interest thread on his jacket. That would be amazing if guess did rerelease it but we don’t even know if they can do a good job recreating it lol and would probably hard to get with how things are scalped. I don’t have faith that they will rerelease it to be honest.

I do like Headgoonie’s 2021 version though mainly because it looks like it fits a lot more like what I remember Marty’s actually looking like in the movie. My 2015 doesn’t fit how I would like. The arms are too tight and the bottom has two buttons and three layers.

The color is not perfect on this one but prefer it to my old one for everyday use. How’s the color on yours after time has passed?

Yeah I’ve seen the interest thread on his jacket. That would be amazing if guess did rerelease it but we don’t even know if they can do a good job recreating it lol and would probably hard to get with how things are scalped. I don’t have faith that they will rerelease it to be honest.

I do like Headgoonie’s 2021 version though mainly because it looks like it fits a lot more like what I remember Marty’s actually looking like in the movie. My 2015 doesn’t fit how I would like. The arms are too tight and the bottom has two buttons and three layers.

The color is not perfect on this one but prefer it to my old one for everyday use. How’s the color on yours after time has passed?
The color is about the same and I wear it every so often. Is a shame they made it so dark.

The color is about the same and I wear it every so often. Is a shame they made it so dark.
Would you be able to share a picture of yours? The top part is lighter blue though right?

On my older one the top is way too dark and don’t like how it looks for my taste. Just as an everyday wear lol. I do like the colors on this even though it’s a bit darker on the bottom. Reminds me of the beginning of the movie.

Would you be able to share a picture of yours? The top part is lighter blue though right?

On my older one the top is way too dark and don’t like how it looks for my taste. Just as an everyday wear lol. I do like the colors on this even though it’s a bit darker on the bottom. Reminds me of the beginning of the movie.
I think the color is about just right with the 2018. but the cutting looks have a bit improvement especially in the collar area and the dent on the buttons.

I think the color is about just right with the 2018. but the cutting looks have a bit improvement especially in the collar area and the dent on the buttons.
I actually have the 2015 version lol. Time must have flown by so fast that I thought I got the last one. I went ahead and ordered their last medium.

Feel like it was worth the upgrade from the 2015.

I wonder if there will ever be a collector market for the older Headgoonie Jackets. What's the whole evolution of Headgoonie's series? Headgoonie first came to my attention in 2010. How many runs have they done since and what changes were made? I'm curious about this concerning the vest as well.

Did they do pants and the checker shirt too?

I wonder if there will ever be a collector market for the older Headgoonie Jackets. What's the whole evolution of Headgoonie's series? Headgoonie first came to my attention in 2010. How many runs have they done since and what changes were made? I'm curious about this concerning the vest as well.

There were 5 versions of the denim jacket. I'm not sure about the the vest. Maybe around 3. They also released the jeans and checkered shirt.

I have the past two Headgoonie jackets. I’m thinking of selling them if a more accurate version comes out from either them or another person/company.

you still can find the 1050 Georges Marciano littering around eBay often...Checkered go with the orignal maker, Shah Safari.

Just came across this thread, where do you go to buy this Head Goonies jacket? I tried doing an internet search and this group was the only thing to pop up.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found the site. lol Do they have an option to put the site in English? I know you can do that on the maxcady site.

Just came across this thread, where do you go to buy this Head Goonies jacket? I tried doing an internet search and this group was the only thing to pop up.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found the site. lol Do they have an option to put the site in English? I know you can do that on the maxcady site.
Just use Google's auto translate feature. Should be on the dropdown when you right click on the website.

Thanks for the help.

I bought mine by messaging the headgoonie Facebook page. They’ll talk to you in English.

Hi for anyone who bought the jacket how is the sizing vs regular US sizes ( I ordered a 2023 one and I assume the sizes will be similar to them) I’m usually a s-m with jackets ( i’m 6.1 but skinny ) but since these are more Japanese sizes I’m not sure how the sizing will be. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hi for anyone who bought the jacket how is the sizing vs regular US sizes ( I ordered a 2023 one and I assume the sizes will be similar to them) I’m usually a s-m with jackets ( i’m 6.1 but skinny ) but since these are more Japanese sizes I’m not sure how the sizing will be. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
These new versions (2021 and 2023) are pretty much more accurate to US sizes. I normally wear US size L. I own a 2018 XL and a 2021 L. The 2018 XL fits more like US M - L. I'm 5.9.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back