He might be recasting your items

I was the ebayer that left this sack of sh.t a negative. I bought a Assault phaser off him that has to be one of the poorest casts I've EVER seen - filled with tiny bubbles and some larger bubbles just for good measure.
The other notable thing about this kit is that the bottom half an inch is missing from the magazine - do you know why?
So the cast would fit in the box.
He offered me $5 for a refund on something that was so crappy it's beyond redemption.
Deal with him at your own risk - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Jul 19 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1284047[/snapback]</div>
The other notable thing about this kit is that the bottom half an inch is missing from the magazine - do you know why?
So the cast would fit in the box.
[/b]

It's one thing to suck so bad at the craft and have no scruples that you are a recaster. .. but to be so cheap as to not finish off the casting because you are to lazy to find a good box? Thats like an undertaker sawing off a guys feet just above the ankles because he won't fit in the coffin.

Its funny yet pathectically sad.

I'm sorry you got stuck with a bad product.

<div class='quotetop'>(Flagg @ Jul 19 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]1284014[/snapback]</div>
Yep, definate recaster and in the past also would use other people's photos for his box art. A couple of years ago he was recasting the V-Pistols I had modified from the battletech toy AND using the photos from my website on his boxes as well. I went after him through ebay but little was done. After enough harrassment he stopped selling the V pistol though.
[/b]

He usually sells a Judge Dredd lawgiver (with a separate barrel protrusion for some reason) and his box art for that is from my website.

I emailed him once about it asking for him to at least link to my site from his auctions but didn't get a reply.

Cheers,

Wake

There are a lot of Dreadnaught Industries/Wilco Models products there. My revenge is to keep selling my own versions cheaper than he sells the craptacular recasts of...my stuff...

:D

Alex

Do you think it would help if any of the individuals whose work he's recasted contacts the Powers That Ve at Dragon*Con and explains the situation?

Quite a while ago I bought a Han Solo blaster from him-before I knew what was going on-and the cast was terrible. Very soft edge, tons of bubbles. It took a lot of work to get the base Mauser even passable, and I ended up getting real parts for other things. Very dissatisfied with it. It's too bad guys like this ruin the hobby for so many people, just to make a quick buck.

-sctcarts77

i mailed him and asked for a pic of the other side of his 5th element gun, :lol

by the way he shows a Buck Rogers gun, who makes that original.

i have never seen one offered by anyone else.

john :smokng

<div class='quotetop'>(Reaper57 @ Jul 20 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]1284638[/snapback]</div>
i mailed him and asked for a pic of the other side of his 5th element gun, :lol

by the way he shows a Buck Rogers gun, who makes that original.

i have never seen one offered by anyone else.

john :smokng
[/b]

There's an English guy who makes the Buck Rogers gun, it's a recast of that (presumably).

Does he actually make anything original?

Looking at his list on eBay again, I think that's a recast of my 'mimetic poly-alloy' T1000 bullet-hit LAPD badge. :(

The Space 1999 stungun and comlock are both copies of WILCO as well.
The V fightercraft is copied from Ed Miarecki, I think. Add to that the poor castings. Does this guy have a website somewhere?

the v ship was originally sculpted by tim l. it was then recast by C. Larson who then got recasted by RCRobert..small recasting world there ehh

Will

I've seen some suspicious items from this eBay seller. Recaster? Maybe. Middle hand? Perhaps. Some stuff he's selling looks like they're coming from other people originally.

There is no doubt that Coolmodels (ebay name) is a recaster. The Logan's Run and Star Trek TMP are from Wilco original sculpts. His Galactica pistol is a straight pull from ours (which itself is pulled from a real FN...but the grenade launcher is a distinctive sculpt). The I, Robot and Farscape pieces look like recasts of SciFiModels.

And as talked about here, other pieces are direct ripoffs of other folks on this board.

Again, the "recaster" label is NOT in doubt ;)

Alex

A definite recaster.
I saw this guy at the Farpoint Con in Hunt Valley Maryland.
I didn't confront him because I was there for a fun day and I knew there would be no fun if I pissed myself off.
But I was tempted to ask him how he justifies buying someone elses work, copying it, and then selling it.

To note; his stolen Jayne pistol was originally from an RPF'er's prototype that had the sight rail on backwards.
He recasted it backwards, couldn't sell them and had to change them.

His River pistol is cast from an eBayer's version that has since been updated. The updated version has extremely incorrect grips, but is still better than the version this guy sells.

His Mal pistol is taken from an early fan casting that is extremely inaccurate.

"Coolmodels" has had Nathan Fillion sign one of his Mal pistols and
Summer Glau sign one of his River pistols.
As of last I heard, they had not sold.
To my eyes, they are just so grossly inaccurate, even the sigs don't make people want to put them in their collections.

I bought one of his Blue Hand Guys Death Device kits before I knew his rep.
It is the biggest piece of garbage; totally un-useable.

His Jayne Serenity auto-pistol is truly bad.
Not just inaccurate, but it doesn't even really look like the movie pistol.

I have seen his castings and they are decent if he stole them from someone else, but his Jayne Serenity auto-pistol and the Death Device are just incredibly crude on their surfaces, like a 1930's era Russian iron casting.

So basically, all his Firefly/Serenity stuff is trash.
Avoid as a consumer, even if the whole recaster thing doesn't bother you.

Arsenal Models (Vintage models and toys)
Edward A. Felinski and Jeannine M. Lewis /Hummelstown, PA

Edward Felinski Title Postdoctoral Scholar
CollegeCollege of Medicine
CampusesPenn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
DepartmentC&M Physiology
Graduate ProgramsEmail eaf129@psu.edu
This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it

I don't know if this is the same Edward A. Felinski, but it seems odd that two guys would have the same first name, middle initial, and last name and live in the same area.
Hummelstown is pretty close to Hershey, PA.

And this from Jmtwo
Here's how the Jack#$% responded to me:

"Hi there, Thanks for your email. We bought this piece from a guy at sci-fi show here on the East Coast who told us it was a pull from a screen used prop mold. That was several months ago. It was a little crude, but he had no problem with us making kits of the piece as he had only a few of them left. So I really don’t know if this is related to your item or not. I do know I did not buy it from you. Also, if it was a cast of your item, it was this guy who did it originally and sold it to us. It was a very poor cast and it took months to fix the bubbles, warps etc in the kit. Anyway, I had no way of knowing this guy was lying or not or if this is made from your item, I have never seen another one of these kits for sale. But, it is a fan produced item and there is really no way to know where it came from. Also, I must say that after all of the fixing and re-sculpting I had to do, it is surely altered the requisite 15 percent now from its original state. If you are in fact licensed by Warner Entertainment to produce an item similar to this, please send me the documentation for review. Thanks."

Typical recaster BS - "Not sure where we got it, might have been from screenused, you don't have a license so screw you."
The other thread is:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=25393&highlight=Arsenal+Models

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I know several people who include themselves in this guys recast list including scifi models Pulse pistol.

Unfortunately he isn't very selective about what he recasts. He just buys stuff and casts it. He has a mal pistol that is a terrible reproduction for example. On the upside, his casts are, for the most part, clean and nice, and very cheap. I bought a farscape pistolfrom him before I knew his rep. Too bad he can't cast his own work. I expect to see my V daggers on his list before too long.

He usually occupies a huge booth at D*Con. We should stage a protest.

Unfortunately, his "recaster BS" holds up. What he is doing is only morally wrong, technically speaking. What we do when we replicate and sell these original items is infringing on the intellectual property of another individual, and is technically illegal. So recasters have the replica prop artists over a proverbial barrel. All we can really do is ban them from the RPF.

Now if there was some way to more widely disseminate the message of "beware recasters." So that consumers did their homework on their props like they did on, say, their home television set, or their digital camera, then things might change.

Last edited:
I purchased a Leia Blaster and Clone blaster from AM last year. When I received tham, The clone was great but Leia was terrible. They said to return and I would be refunded the cost plus shipping. Only was given cost of the Leia blaster, nothing more.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back