He might be recasting your items

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Great_Bizarro, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Great_Bizarro

Great_Bizarro Sr Member

Check Here

This looks a bit like a major recasting effort, check to see if he has done it to you. Yes this is an active auction but it needs to be checked. If not a recaster then mods please remove this msg.

2. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

What's your proof that what he's selling was recast by him?

3. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

He is continually selling these casts... adding more to his list over time... but that doesn't necessarily mean that he has recast other people's items, does it? ... unless it has already been proven. Would like to know more, since he offers some pretty cool stuff.

4. Great_Bizarro

Great_Bizarro Sr Member

He might be legit, that is why I posted it as stated, and hope he isn't a recaster, just seems he has a boat load of things that have been done by locals here and I would hate to see a large scale rip off. I have no proof and yes he has some nice items.

5. Immortal Goat

Immortal Goat Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say anything about recasting, but if the accuracy of his other items is the same as the Biker Scout pistol he has for sale, he wouldn't get any of my money anyway. Not at all accurate :thumbsdown

6. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

YUP...recaster...He recast my 5th Element pistol.
    Dean

7. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

8. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Okay... that settles it. I'm not buying from him. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup

9. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. Gojira61

Gojira61 Sr Member

The Logan's Run pistol looks like a recast of the Wilco Models one, maybe the 1999 stuff too.

Jim

11. Simba

Simba New Member

I saw the casts in person and they are not good at all. Looked like soap. Soft edged and bubbley.

12. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

13. batninja

batninja Well-Known Member

Unless there is more than one seller in Hummelstown, this is the same guy that had a booth at DragonCon last year. Although he had no business cards or handouts, he took my E-mail address and sent a PDF file of his catalog, as 'Arsenal Models'. Same pictures as what's listed in his eBay auctions, and the mailing address for orders is Hummelstown, PA.

14. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

I was just about to ask if this weren't Arsenal... Saw his stuff at D*C and was impressed with the great selection... and the less than great quality.

15. Blad

Blad Sr Member

Surely that's RCRobert under a different name? Same boxes.

Coolmodels has a second eBay account under the name 'Pantherbuyer' which is apparently used to buy items to recast.

16. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Dymerski @ Jul 19 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1283894[/snapback]</div>

HA. Not only is he a loser re-caster (or broker of re-casts) but he's a LIAR too.

From his auction (bold added):
    "gun carried by Bruce Willis as Korben Dallas in the classic sci-fi film The Fifth Element. Kit is cast in heavy solid white resin and is a cast from an actual screen-used prop."

I have one of Dean's original's, and though it is a fantastic piece and essentially the first offering ever seen of this (all beautifully scratch-built to boot.) it was not cast off an original.

17. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

Yep, definate recaster and in the past also would use other people's photos for his box art. A couple of years ago he was recasting the V-Pistols I had modified from the battletech toy AND using the photos from my website on his boxes as well. I went after him through ebay but little was done. After enough harrassment he stopped selling the V pistol though.

18. RogueScout

RogueScout Well-Known Member

Holy Crap. I think that * recasted the Giggle Pin on my Knuten Valve..

19. Grant Da Modeler

Grant Da Modeler Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'></div>
    Yup .... that's "RCRobert" .... someone I know bought something from him
    just before he moved.

In their communications he mentioned he was moving to PA, and after he did,
    his "RCRobert" EBAY account was no longer used. Suddenly, a new "CoolModels"
    I.D popped up on EBAY ... selling the exact same product .. in the exact same
    packaging.

20. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jul 19 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]1283959[/snapback]</div>

HA. Not only is he a loser re-caster (or broker of re-casts) but he's a LIAR too.

From his auction (bold added):
    "gun carried by Bruce Willis as Korben Dallas in the classic sci-fi film The Fifth Element. Kit is cast in heavy solid white resin and is a cast from an actual screen-used prop."

I have one of Dean's original's, and though it is a fantastic piece and essentially the first offering ever seen of this (all beautifully scratch-built to boot.) it was not cast off an original.
    [/b][/quote]
    When I did that I only had one pic of the left side of the gun and before the DVD was released..I made up all the detail on the right side...so ...I can really tell his casting :angry is of mine