Haystack Hair's MPC Millennium Falcon Conversion MK.II

You are taking this to the next level! Excellent! Also, it looks like Han Solo is clapping to Cotton Eyed Joe! ;)

Really well done! Love the level of interesting greeblie work you've put into it. Keep up the great job:cool

Thanks guys!

This afternoon I started building the boarding ramp corridor, it's a bit rough but the plan is to have it lit and some of the interior visible from it. I think it the ramp will be magnetized as well, rather than motorized, because that seems like a hassle...
I'm having some fitting issues with it though.....the parts on the top and bottom hull halves don't match up properly, I think it's just to do with the corrected curvature but it's still an annoying problem to try and figure out

Hey HH, can you post some pictures of this section from a different angle for me? I can't find any clear picture of this for references.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup

Hey HH, can you post some pictures of this section from a different angle for me? I can't find any clear picture of this for references.
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums...oads/22732856239_a98773fdb8_c_zpslkl59tva.jpg

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup

Is this any help?

IMG_0012.JPG

Yeah, I'm using this Falcon gold mine too but somehow overlooked this pic. I like HH interpretation of this sector but it looks different though.

I cant speak for HH, but i have had to take certain artistic liberties, mostly because i dont have all the exact greeblies. I think as long as the look is in line with the ruff shapes and overall layout, together they all make up to the overall feel. Im sure i just spouted mumbo jumbo lol but it helps me find some direction with the limited resources i have.

The next falcon i want to build will go further to match the greeblies as close as possible.

When i look at HH resin parts i see that sort of idea which is right up my street. he does really top stuff.

I cant speak for HH, but i have had to take certain artistic liberties, mostly because i dont have all the exact greeblies. I think as long as the look is in line with the ruff shapes and overall layout, together they all make up to the overall feel. Im sure i just spouted mumbo jumbo lol but it helps me find some direction with the limited resources i have.

The next falcon i want to build will go further to match the greeblies as close as possible.

When i look at HH resin parts i see that sort of idea which is right up my street. he does really top stuff.

"artistic liberties" thats a fancy way to put it :lol
Doing the same here but on a much smaller scale. HH really nailed it on de greebies alright. Jaitea also comes real close on his former 5-foot project.

"artistic liberties" thats a fancy way to put it :lol
Doing the same here but on a much smaller scale. HH really nailed it on de greebies alright. Jaitea also comes real close on his former 5-foot project.

Sorry I missed your post, been lax with checking my thread updates recently. A lot of areas on my Falcon take great artistic liberties indeed....Just as Roboted said, it's definitely about the over all feel of the thang that matters more.

Also thanks for whoever posted that OneDrive folder, I've not seen it before ! If you're in need of any other Falcon related reference material, I have a modest collection in five Pinterest boards I've made.

Reference for 1/72nd Falcon

Reference for Hasbro 28" Falcon

Reference for 32" Falcon

Reference for 5' Falcon

Reference for 'The Falcon' itself (Comprehensively covers everything)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back