Hasbro Vintage Slave 1. Lower surface detail upgrade kit.

Outstanding job Andy!
The blank resin parts allready look really good but with the paintlayers on them they just look beautifull.
I did received the Hasbro Slave I yesterday,..i knew it was not tiny but man it is a monster:p
With your refit set this will be a beautifull Slave I model once finished.
Can't wait to see how you paint the upper hull,..ENJOY and SUCCES!!

Cheers guys. :)
So another few d sorting the final greeblies for the kit.
So without any more addoo, heres the final kit parts all laid out.
78 parts and a couple of spares in the tiny greeblies, just in case they become carpet fodder during your build.

final kit assembly .JPG

Please note the dark grey parts which come from this sprue from the Flak gun which you will need to source separately.
SAM_4359.JPG

Ive added the final first pull of greeblies and painted them up.
Heres what the final kit parts make for you.
slave 1 refit kit.JPG

slave 1 refit kit final.JPG

And heres a before and after comparison of the lower details. Left is the original Hasbro plate which is removed for this kit to replace.
slave 1 lower detail comparison.JPG

Next to do is a trial pack, order the boxes to fit and do some instructions for the kit.
I am expecting them to be about 150 UK pounds for the complete kit, plus the postage once all sorted.

Ill keep you all posted on the next stage and availability as it happens.
Thanks everyone.

Looks like we need to also pick up the reflectors as well... where did you source those?
I tried to make the kit as simple as possible for a decent effect, but if you fancy doing the lights as well you will need a couple of GU10 halogen bulbs. I used dud ones from my kitchen spotlights :).
GU10 halogen bulb.png

You can snap the bulb part out carefully with pliers, but taking the flat cover off is a bit sketchy (i broke one on my first attempt, and chipped one of the ones i have in the model !). Also available is a LED version of the GU10, but be careful to get ones with the complete reflector, As some LED versions have recessed holes moulded into it. I think they are a couple of bucks each from hardware stores. I think its best if you order a couple extra in case of accidents.
The top bulbs on the model were made from a clear biro (pen), im not happy with them as they are, but they will do for now. They will be replaced once i find a suitable looking replacement. :)

Just so I’m understanding everything, you will do a write up with instructions and a comprehensive list of all the parts we will need to make this? I’ve been going back and forth through each page scouring your posts for “oh and you will need to source this”.. lol hoping I don’t miss anything.

Just so I’m understanding everything, you will do a write up with instructions and a comprehensive list of all the parts we will need to make this? I’ve been going back and forth through each page scouring your posts for “oh and you will need to source this”.. lol hoping I don’t miss anything.
Kind of comprehensive.
Im going to do a quick booklet to show a couple of pointers to make the build easier and show the position of the parts and what order to assemble them in. To be honest its a very simple kit to put together and most of the procedure can be seen on here.
The kit itself isn't intended to have the glass reflectors with it. I just did that to mine because i wanted them. Adding them is obviously something you can do if you fancy.
You will only need the tamia 20mm 1/35 flak gun featured in this thread for the guns and a couple of other bits if you fancy them. Everything else is with the kit.
To finish the look of the engines without the glass bulbs i have made small concave textured disks which fit inside the rings, which you can see on the image of the parts a couple of posts earlier. You can add metal tape and polish them for a similar reflector effect and save yourself all the dremelling and filler work needed to install the reflectors. Ill post an image with them here soon.

So to be concise ;-)
All you need is one refit kit
and one of these.
Tamiya German 20mm Flakvierling 38 Mit Sd.Ah.52 1/35 Scale #35091

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Folks
I have a favour to ask of you.
Im creating some instruction sheets at the moment, and i have realised i failed to take an image of the underside with the main engine detail mould removed.
If any of you guys have one of these slave 1's to hand, and if you can be bothered :) , would you take an image of it for me so i can point out which spigots to cut down in the instructions.
To be fair, its a no brainer mod, but i like to show where to cut if i can.

Thanks folks.

Mine is still on order or I would gladly do this for you...

Jedi Dade
Thanks Jedi Dade, but i think its covered on this now.
So ive spent a few hours sorting some instructions for the build of this kit.
Ill post copies of them here as well as supply them with the kit, as it much nicer to have them to hand whilst building instead of zooming in, opening the next page etc on a laptop.
So here are the instructions as they stand now. They could change in future, but i think theres more than enough info on here compared to any SS kit ive ever had. Try making some Studio scale Y wings with no instructions at all, it takes a while. So hopefully this will make it easier and faster for you all.

slave 1 refit front cover.jpg

slave 1 refit INSTRUCTIONS 3.jpg

slave 1 INSTRUCTIONS 2.jpg

slave 1 refit INSTRUCTIONS 4.jpg

slave 1 refit INSTRUCTIONS 5.jpg

slave 1 refit INSTRUCTIONS 6.jpg

slave 1 refit instructions 10.jpg

slave 1 refit INSTRUCTIONS 7.jpg

I may refine these as i go, and ill definitely redo the type o's :), but i hope this helps out.
I will be taking orders in the next couple of days.
Price to be confirmed as soon as i have quotes for the boxes and printing.
Cheers folks. :)

Last edited:
THE KITS ARE FINISHED AND READY TO GO :)

Its been a long haul of over 6 weeks making this kit. When i started i thought it would be a simple thing to do, now i know better :lol:but at last, im glad to say its finished.

Ive been working on the last few remaining jobs, and i have also cast the first three kits which are ready to go. I now know it takes about 3.5 hours of casting to make one of these (much more than i thought it would), I try to be as careful as possible during the pours and work around each mould to give the best finish i can, and about half an hour to pack them.

Just waiting on the double wall shipping boxes to arrive and we're good to go.

Price per kit will be 160 UK pounds. Plus shipping.
US Post and packing (FedEx) looks to be 35 pounds including insurance ( varies on address to the US from the UK).
UK Post and packing will be 13 pounds (Royal mail Special delivery).
All kits come with the printed instruction sheets, which i have revised a little since the post in this thread.

If you guys would like an upgrade kit, i am now taking orders.
Please PM me for payment details etc.

I would like to honour the list in the order of interest if i can (just to be fair to everyone), so if you are on this list please PM me and let me know if you still fancy a kit , or not, so i can update the list.
If no one has issues with me doing a first come first served basis, i can do that also.
Here is a copy of the original list (now honoured and completed) from the start of this thread. This is here as a record of the first kits and people.

THIS LIST IS NOW COMPLETED, IF YOU REQUIRE A KIT, PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD AND I WILL ADD YOU TO "THE 2021 LIST" ON PAGE 1 FOR FURTHER ORDERS AS OF OCTOBER 2021.

First three kits will ship out as soon as i receive the boxes, next orders will be cast as the orders come in, and will incur a couple of days waiting time as i slot everything into my daily work routine.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and sticking with me on this project.
:)

Last edited:
Boxes arrived this weekend. I have three kits packed and almost ready to go. More to be packed asap.
I will keep everyone updated via Personal messages with tracking numbers and info as it happens.
Thanks everyone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back