Hasbro Rebel Millenium Falcon build (BMF) using 95% Hasbro parts

Yes you trim them, some off the top and bottom.

Use the pieces you cut out as your templets. You also will have to trim them left to right as they are to long. I used the stickers to pick WERE I cut them, trying to match as close as possible the look. On the L side were the engine parts on the Rebel stopped the Legacy parts are too long so I shortened the pipe completely by cutting it out.(sliced it out top to bottom)
You want to find a part that butts up against each other were you want to make your cut it out so it isn't noticeable.

You will need to take some off the top and bottom of each side wall for the best match. If you compare both legacy and rebel side walls against each other you'll see what I mean.

Save the small side wall pieces, you can use then in arias like behind the cockpit access tub. On the rear side walls I used the starting piece and then an inch in did a vertical cut, butting the two parts together. Your one pice will become 2-3 pieces as needed. Once I had all the part trimmed to fit top to bottom I snapped the model together(sp) using the docking ports only. Then I fit the side walls in and decided what I wanted to use and were I did the vertical cuts. See the first photos the Legacy side walls are gray vs the Rebel are cream. If you look closely you can see a slight gap on some of the side walls were the butt up against each other.

You can see the gaps slightly were the butt up. This was a test fit no glue, I also left most of the corners alone for structural integrity. On the front mandibles I did a notch L shape.

Hope this makes sense.

ok not related but HOW do you set an avatar pic?LOL.

Last edited:
Just scored a legacy falcon on Ebay for $18 dollars it's missing the landing gear but that doesn't matter since I want a flying version. Subscribed to this thread for pointers..

You might want to look at using the Legacy falcon Landing gear insert points with there clip in attachment points and possibly swap out the same arias on the rebel falcon that way you can do gear up or gear down.

I would have but I did not want to chop up my legacy. When I bought all the side walls off e bay, i didn't buy a hull, I got lucky and found someone selling the side walls, screws and electronics. I had just finished modifying the Legacy when the Rebel came out so of COURCE I had to get one. That is when I figured out what I need to do to use the Legacy parts for the Rebel up grade. Landing gear sets seem to run any were from 75.00 to 120.00 on e bay. The problem I see is attaching them to the rebel, as it doesn't like glue.

You would need to come up with a clamp or screw type attachment to make it work. I'm talking about using the whole square landing aria on the legacy in this case instead of the above description. Just be careful when you cut the side walls down as it is REALLY soft plastic and cuts easily.

Better to trim them tall to start with and block sand them down a little at a time. I cut one of the rear walls to short and it was a pain in the rear fixing it. I used some sheet styrene as a new back plate and super glued the original back to it and re cut it. Gorilla Glue sticks well to the Legacy parts by the way.

Good luck and have fun!

Yes, yes, bla, bla, bla........

Less typie and more work on the decals! hahaha

Like everyone said, great job. Nothing like recycled parts and a fantastic paint job.

Once I cut the nubs/footing out where the landing gear is suppose to be I was thinking of using earth magnets and scratching some panels to cover up the holes I'll be cutting out. I'm hoping to get with someone on here and mold these side walls so people can get an affordable resin alternative. Enough to cover the mold/resin cost and and shipping a

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back