Has anyone ever used Rubbertoe?

Galaxydefender

I was intrigued to learn that they actually offer payment plans, and im interested to know what that means and how they break it down. Has anyone ever done this, or have any expereince? I have emailed them, but i appreciate they are very busy with all things DW

I haven't done the payment plans but I've bought from them. Good experience. I just wish they'd bring back some of the other replicas besides the screwdrivers.

I have bought from them but like sycor I didn't use the payment plan. When you order something, like one of their Sonics, you need to pay 50% down and the other 50%, plus shipping, is due at the time it is ready to ship. Be warned though, unless it is something in stock, it can takes months before you get it. I ordered the Baker Sonic and it took about 8 months for me to get it because they seem to build to order with their Sonics and it can sometimes take a while, especially when they are activally working on Doctor Who.

Never used a payment plan and my experiences are a mixed bag. They are really super nice to communicate with, but rather dismissive with complaints. Their stuff is top notch, but only if they get it right.
Sadly, in my experience, they lack a proper control before they ship stuff out. I had to return a Sonic twice before it was in proper shape and that just shouldn't happen at their prices. But at least they fixed it both times rather quickly. Still, it was over a year from first payment to final delivery.

When I ordered a Tardis Console stand for the Sonic it arrived with a nasty scratch, which they put down to normal production errors and no cause for a return/replacement. That thing is a machined lump of aluminum, so yes, the machine can leave marks, but this scratch was deep like someone used a nail on it.
Next and probably last was the Mini Moment. which had a crack at one of the joints and several places where the paint had already fallen of. Since I really liked it and it was out of stock I bit my tongue and just kept it.
So, three purchases, three faulty items, not a good record, especially given their prices. They'd have to come up with something really amazing before I buy from them again.

I've bought quite a few things from them over the past couple of years. For the smaller products like the siege tardis and the pandorica etc you don't usually have much of a wait as they tend to be in stock. It's the big stuff, like the sonics, which can take a while but they are certainly worth the wait though. Not had any quality issues with any of my buys.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back