Harry Potter Wands

Fenris

I've been making wands out of wooden dowels since 2009 or 2010.

Here are some of the wands I have made from the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_7607.jpgIMG_7608.jpg

This one is a custom wand I made for a customer. It's a rose!

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_8228.jpg

Bellatrix Lestrange's wand...

IMG_8200.jpg

And a whole lot of wands!

- - - Updated - - -

These are fantastic! Do you make them on a lathe?

Nope. I don't have one. The wooden dowels are already the exact diameter for a wand and I just carve or sculpt the details using epoxy putty.

View attachment 583591

And a whole lot of wands!

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. I don't have one. The wooden dowels are already the exact diameter for a wand and I just carve or sculpt the details using epoxy putty.

Oh my good god, that's brilliant. What diameter dowel do you use? I've been looking at making a custom wand for my wife, but didn't really know where to start haha

I haven't really measured their diameter, but compared to the actual Noble Collection wands, they're pretty spot on.

Try using a size 9 or 10 paintbrush as a base for the wand you'll be making. You just need to extend it a bit since they're a little short... You can use those thick milk tea straws and epoxy putty.

Here's a clearer picture of the previous Pottermore wand.
custom.jpg

I've actually been getting a lot of orders for Pottermore wands lately... I guess the revamp of the Pottermore website has rekindled the franchise.

Here's a custom wand I made for a customer...

It's an eagle/snake design. I had to sand off the beak as it looked like Gonzo in this pic. Too bad I never got to take a pic of the final result.
custom_snake_eagle_wand.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back