Harry Potter Wands

Fenris

I've been making wands out of wooden dowels since 2009 or 2010.

Here are some of the wands I have made from the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_7607.jpgIMG_7608.jpg

This one is a custom wand I made for a customer. It's a rose!

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_8228.jpg

Bellatrix Lestrange's wand...

IMG_8200.jpg

And a whole lot of wands!

- - - Updated - - -

These are fantastic! Do you make them on a lathe?

Nope. I don't have one. The wooden dowels are already the exact diameter for a wand and I just carve or sculpt the details using epoxy putty.

View attachment 583591

And a whole lot of wands!

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. I don't have one. The wooden dowels are already the exact diameter for a wand and I just carve or sculpt the details using epoxy putty.

Oh my good god, that's brilliant. What diameter dowel do you use? I've been looking at making a custom wand for my wife, but didn't really know where to start haha

I haven't really measured their diameter, but compared to the actual Noble Collection wands, they're pretty spot on.

Try using a size 9 or 10 paintbrush as a base for the wand you'll be making. You just need to extend it a bit since they're a little short... You can use those thick milk tea straws and epoxy putty.

Here's a clearer picture of the previous Pottermore wand.
custom.jpg

I've actually been getting a lot of orders for Pottermore wands lately... I guess the revamp of the Pottermore website has rekindled the franchise.

Here's a custom wand I made for a customer...

It's an eagle/snake design. I had to sand off the beak as it looked like Gonzo in this pic. Too bad I never got to take a pic of the final result.
custom_snake_eagle_wand.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back