Harry Potter Book insides

ffg

After seeing all of the wonderful book covers and designs in the harry potter paper props thread, I think it would be good to have something to go along with them: the actual book itself. Many members on here have stated that they are interested in the insides, but nothing has been followed farther then just that. I hope that we can set the goal of hqving every book, cover AND insides, completed by the time of the DVD release of Part 2.
While i do not have the technology to create the pages themselves, being a literature/writing major, i can create the actual text. I hope to produce a list of book later on that we can create. And if you have any insides you are willing to contribute, you would be MOST welcome!!!! I want to make this the central place for actual book text for the books!
In a minute ill put up a list of book covers that Hinkypunk, BarneyRFD, and others have made, so that us writing people can create the text for!!! :)
Hopefully this will become a joint effort to create marvelous replicas worthy of being mistaken for the real thing!!!! :) if youre interested in helping please post it here and if you have anything already then please share!!
I really hope this works out!!!!!! Ffg

The book I've always wanted to see written is the Advanced Potions Book! This one would be tougher because of the artwork in it, but just text would be cool too.

May I make a suggestion? Tackle this book by book, figure out how th book is made up (parts, chapters, topics, volumes, etc...) and assign each person who says they want to help one piece of whichever book we're working on. People will need to volunteer to be one of several things: a writer, an editor an artist, a designer. It would be nice if the artists and designers committed to an entire books, not just sections. Artist, so tht the art of the book all seems to fit into one style, and designer so the book looks, feels, and works the same throughout the book. Personally, I would love to volunteer to designsome books, especially ones we DON'T see the insides of on screen so I don't need to try and copy something, it's easier jus to do original stuff.

May I make a suggestion? Tackle this book by book, figure out how th book is made up (parts, chapters, topics, volumes, etc...) and assign each person who says they want to help one piece of whichever book we're working on. People will need to volunteer to be one of several things: a writer, an editor an artist, a designer. It would be nice if the artists and designers committed to an entire books, not just sections. Artist, so tht the art of the book all seems to fit into one style, and designer so the book looks, feels, and works the same throughout the book. Personally, I would love to volunteer to designsome books, especially ones we DON'T see the insides of on screen so I don't need to try and copy something, it's easier jus to do original stuff.

I can be a fellow designer, and partial writer :p

hi guys,im looking for harry potter book cover!!!because i want to make the books in minature!!!can any1 help me??

I'm intrested! I was actually thinking to use info from the Harry Potter Wiki as a basis, edit/rewrite/reformat to create the text for the books. for example, they have a list of all the spells, with pronunciation, effects etc, and I was thinking that for The Standard Book of Spells these could be the many body of the book, with one or two to a page. you could also have info about different kinds of spells, like charms, jinxes, curses etc. and maybe info about wands. so I could do some writing, maybe?

I was actually thinking to use info from the Harry Potter Wiki as a basis
As was I

I've tried to do this on many occasions but never had the right get up and go attitude, i think I have it now.

I will help with some art if I can, and some text for history of magic and hogwarts:a history:lol

EXCITED

Here is a list of books that I think would be great to have. If you want to add another title, just go ahead! Everything with a smiley-face next to it means that a cover was made for it in http://www.therpf.com/f40/harry-potter-free-paper-props-all-movies-more-108986/

Any takers on these books? We need to pick one to work on as a team and collaborate together!!

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

A Children's Anthology of Monsters

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

The Monster Book of Monsters

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried by Gulliver Pokeby

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

You & Your Owl

Which Owl? by Miranda Goshawk

Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit

Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland

From Egg to Inferno: a Dragon-Keeper's Guide

Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires by Eldred Worple

A Vampire's Monologue by Amarillo Lestoat

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Hairy Snout, Human Heart by anonymous author

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Encyclopedia of Toadstools

Goshawk's Guide to Herbology by Miranda Goshawk

Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs by Hadrian Whittle :)

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six and Seven) by Miranda Goshawk :)

A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions

Curses and Counter-Curses by Vindictus Viridian

Dark Arts Defence: Basics for Beginners :)

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble :)

Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts

Self-Defensive Spellwork

Updated Counter-Curse Handbook (Second Revised Edition)

Magick Moste Evile by Godelot

Secrets of the Darkest Art by Owle Bullock :)

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch :)

Easy Spells to Fool Muggles :)

Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage :)

Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger :)

Moste Potente Potions

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (made a cameo in the leaky cauldron in POA)

Charm Your Own Cheese by Greta Catchlove (revised edition by Gerda Curd) :)

Gilderoy Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests by Gilderoy Lockhart :)

One Minute Feasts - It's Magic! :)

Death Omens: What to Do When You Know the Worst is Coming :)

Unfogging the Future by Cassandra Vablatsky :)

Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s

Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes by E. Limus

The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts

The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore by Rita Skeeter :)

Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart

Hogwarts, A History by Garino :)

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling :)

When Muggles Attack :)

Flying with the Cannons :)

Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland :)

Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broomcare

Tales of Beedle the Bard :)

Mudbloods and How to spot them :)

Defence against the Dark Arts :)

as I said work on the standard book of spells- I was already considering doing that when I found this thread. and I think that list is every book in the series, lol.

if i can help i also would like to help :) actually it is a little hard for me bcoz my native language is not english but at least i can motivate you :D or help in finding sources and pictures :)

Ive been searching alot of the fan Fiction sites to see if anybody has created these books.

Secrets of the Darkest Art text-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4318551/1/bSecrets_b_of_the_bDarkest_b_bArt_b#

The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4669413/1/The_bLife_b_and_bLies_b_of_bAlbus_b_Dumbledore#

Hogwarts A History-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3626803/3/Hogwarts_A_History

Magical Theory-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5025577/1/bMagical_b_bTheory_b_by_Adalbert_Waffling

Tales of Beedle the Bard-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172513/1/The_Tales_of_Beedle_the_Bard

@Follows, it looks great source for writing this book. thank you
@ffg, thanks for the sources. are all stories created by fans? i guess the stories would look definitely nicer with pictures.

@ffg, that's great, however, I don't want to just use someone else's work, and besides, those are all WAY too short to make up whole books. I think those are great bases that we can transcribe and expand upon to make real, full length books.

Thats what I wanted to do in the first place. And we dont need to forget that the books themselves had illustrations, photographs, and many different fonts too!!

I personally think we should start with Beedle Bard, we've already got all the text, but to make it nice and thick like it is in the movie I've got what think is a brilliant idea! you now how in children's books, like Dr. Seuss, there's a drawing that takes up the whole two-page spread, and then like a sentence or two of text. That would work perfectly with Beedle Bard, especially since it's supposed to be a children's book! I think a different kind of art for each story. And for The Tale of the Three Brothers we could use the animation from DH pt 1! That means all we need is an artist (or one for each story) and a designer, and I would happily volunteer do design the book!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back