Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets the Basilisk fang prop

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

HermioneJean

So... I have been thinking, about making a basilisk fang, from Harry Potter and The Camber of Secrets. Only thing that is not clear to me, is what options of choosing a material. Any ideas, clay is one! Wood is kind of :unsure
Just tell me options, I am not from the most smartest side! :lol Oh well... :behave

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Trowa

What a coinsidence,i wast thinking about this yesterday.
I would think some kind of sculpting clay or something? (I dont know anything about sculpting,but there are many others here that do)

Rosewell

I would make something like that with clay, like Fimo, Sculpey or likely ones. Then shade it with dry pastels or acrylic paint.

I just started making a Basilisk Fang today. I made a form from tin foil and and started covering it with paper clay. I like paper clay better than sculpty because it is air dry and reworkable(you can sand and carve it). I'll try to post some pics when I get it done.