Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets the Basilisk fang prop

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by HermioneJean, Dec 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. HermioneJean

HermioneJean New Member

So... I have been thinking, about making a basilisk fang, from Harry Potter and The Camber of Secrets. Only thing that is not clear to me, is what options of choosing a material. Any ideas, clay is one! Wood is kind of :unsure
    Just tell me options, I am not from the most smartest side! :lol Oh well... :behave

2. Trowa

Trowa New Member

What a coinsidence,i wast thinking about this yesterday.
    I would think some kind of sculpting clay or something? (I dont know anything about sculpting,but there are many others here that do)

3. Rosewell

Rosewell New Member

I would make something like that with clay, like Fimo, Sculpey or likely ones. Then shade it with dry pastels or acrylic paint.

4. SchubroProductions

SchubroProductions Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Once painted I would buff with several layers of carnauba wax to give it that ivory sheen.

5. Contec

Contec Master Member

If i would do it i would sculpt it with super sculpey and then cast it in resin.

6. MagicRobot

MagicRobot Member

I just started making a Basilisk Fang today. I made a form from tin foil and and started covering it with paper clay. I like paper clay better than sculpty because it is air dry and reworkable(you can sand and carve it). I'll try to post some pics when I get it done.

7. jjps

jjps New Member

I would go with clay personally.

8. MagicRobot

MagicRobot Member

havantpal likes this.
  9. mp1997

mp1997 New Member

I tried looking at the pics, but the site says its private