Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets the Basilisk fang prop

HermioneJean

So... I have been thinking, about making a basilisk fang, from Harry Potter and The Camber of Secrets. Only thing that is not clear to me, is what options of choosing a material. Any ideas, clay is one! Wood is kind of :unsure
Just tell me options, I am not from the most smartest side! :lol Oh well... :behave

What a coinsidence,i wast thinking about this yesterday.
I would think some kind of sculpting clay or something? (I dont know anything about sculpting,but there are many others here that do)

I would make something like that with clay, like Fimo, Sculpey or likely ones. Then shade it with dry pastels or acrylic paint.

I just started making a Basilisk Fang today. I made a form from tin foil and and started covering it with paper clay. I like paper clay better than sculpty because it is air dry and reworkable(you can sand and carve it). I'll try to post some pics when I get it done.

if sculpture doesn't scare you there is Elforyn, which is an imitation of ivory. I think it is a very hard material but that the result would be excellent

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back