Harbor Freight Airbrush Compressor

DarthVeach

I PMed Bovine on this since I know he owns one, but I have the 1/8 HP Harbor Freight compressor and I discovered if I want to hook it up to the Paasche hose I have I need an adapter because the coupling on the hose is too big for the 1/8" adapter on the compressor. Does anyone have any idea what I need or where to get it? Also, I rigged something up with the coiled hose that came with it and was playing around. The airbrush works great, but I noticed about every 8 seconds the compressor kicks on for a second. Does that mean I need to use the pipe tape provided and get better seals on my line? I assume it is doing that because of a small leak where it is hooked up. Thanks everyone!

Does it kick on when you are not using it and its just sitting there. or does it kick on when in use? You could have a leak if it kicks on when not in use. go to home depo and get some reducers so it fits correctly.

I have read a ton of posts elsewhere that say Home Depot is no help for this compressor and the Paasche hose. And yeah, I think it is a leak since I just threw it together to test it out. I put my face near the coupling on the hose and I could feel a tiny amount of air coming out. I didn't use the tape yet or anything since I am just testing it out. But that's exactly what it does. It sits quiet and then kicks on for a sec and then off. When in use, it runs all the time since it is a small diaphragm compressor.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back