"Handbook for the Recently Deceased" The Project!

zeratul

What's the best artwork out there for the cover? I'm thinking it would be the promotional book covers they gave out when the movie came out, but I don't know how hard it might be to find one.

It occured to me awhile ago, that the original book had a cloth cover, so once good artwork is found, it could be printed out on iron-on paper and ironed onto a blank book w/ a light tan cover, then weathered to look old and beat up.

Quick, fun project for not a lot of money!

Thoughts?

-Sarge

Wasn't that the tibetan book about the Bardo? The 45 days of saying prayers to guide the soul of the deceased in the next life? A Thunderbolt will do, I think...

EDIT: :$:redface It's from Beetlejuice, I googled.... - never mind.... :lol

book1.jpg

Don't know about a good source, but it would be a cool project. :)

You may want to get with "Angelus" here on the RPF. He has (IMO) on of the best replicas.

Me too. It would be nice to get one of these... But since now, no-one has tried to make it. So much people would like to get it, but noone makes em. Like the OMNI Cover from Ghostbusters...:lol

A few years ago i bought a Handbook Notepad from Sam Goodey. Except for the binding on the side it was a decent copy. And about the same size too. I wouldn't mind finding some way to place that cover on a normal bound book.
picture056pa0.jpg

Might be able to take that picture over to www.lulu.com and have them do a how ever many page hardcover in the correct size.

I am not sure how easy lulu is to use, but it's worth a try.

~Matt

Looks like a fun project :cool

However, the 1940's - ish era couple pictured on the cover leads me to believe that those who passed on the gazillion years before that probly had no clue as to what they were getting into... :lol

I have the book cover poster stashed away. It was a project that Outlander and myself thought about doing some time ago, but left it to the way side. I could be persuaded to give it up to the greater good!
There were a few differences in the art work, but it beats reproducing it from scratch. Let me dig it up!

Has there been any further development on this??
As long as we could get a decent graphic of the cover art and decide on the thickness of the book, there are a number of custom book-binding busninesses online that can be contacted to produce a run of these (blank pages).
About nine years ago, I looked into having some books made - I had samples sent to my home for the brown cover and even the paper. It was very promising but I put that on the backburner because it was not cost effective to have just one made.
If we could work together and decide on a run of these, I am sure we could find buyers.
Keep this project active - very nice!

Raising this thread from the dead....

Any progress been made on this by anyone? Would like a Handbook to go with my Shrunken Head Guy.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back