"Handbook for the Recently Deceased" The Project!

Ramiel redid the cover and i am currently looking into the correct fonts. Thinking about have the covers printed on canvas and putting those on blank books.

Well, when this design is finalized I would be very interested in purchasing one.
Having a screen accurate book for this movie would be nice.
What about the paperback manual from the end of the movie?

Cool. :cool:thumbsup

This is from the Hot Topic T-shirt - not bad at all:

HandbookRecentlyDeceased.jpg
beetlejuicefilm-004-450px-trunc.jpg

To me it looks like neither, the stuff in the background has the same pattern. Looks like a pattern from pixelization or something from the screen grab given it's a grid pattern across the entire image.

To me it looks like neither, the stuff in the background has the same pattern. Looks like a pattern from pixelization or something from the screen grab given it's a grid pattern across the entire image.

Well spotted! Does anyone have screen grabs from the Blue Ray DVD?

Looks to me like the (very slightly) embossed/textured paper that most pre-2000's hardbacks are published in (mius the dust jacket).

Looks like something you would find in an elementary or middle school library. Uncovered hardboound book, and the propmaster probably glued the elements on.

It's a "must have" guide for those of us without a solid religion and have no clue as to what to do when we die, like the 80's version of "dying for Dummies"........:lol

seriously:
it's the book seen in the movie "beetlejuice".

If the cost of printing one copy is unfeasable, [very understandable] I would hazard that a run of 20 would go laughably quick here on the RPF, especially if it is a quality job.

Mxlplkt, Tripoli and I have been around this board a long time, and this project has been schemed over by many people for many years.

J.

Last edited:
If the cost of printing one copy is unfeasable, [very understandable] I would hazard that a run of 20 would go laughably quick her on the RPF, especially if it is a quality job.

To Outlander you should listen. He's got a good nose for what people on the forum would like. He's the one who suggested that people would be interested in the Sally Jupiter poster in the Junkyard, and sure enough.. :)

My brother can do high quality canvas printing, but I'm not sure how thin the canvas comes. It might just be standard art thickness, and I'm assuming for a book, we'd need something much thinner. Still, I'll check with him and see what he can come up with.

Oh, and I am TOTALLY in if one of us gets a run of these going.

My brother's sign shop can get very thin book cover quality canvas in.

If someone can send me a high quality version of the art, I'll have him print out a test version to see if it'll work. If so, I can do a run of these for wholesale price most likely.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back