Han Solo Ep 7 costume

I got mine from Film Jacket today. It was small for a medium. The Han Solo jacket looks short in The Force Awakens but the one I got is closer to Joey Ramone short. The quality isn't bad for the price. I'll post some pics after I take a few.

Last edited:
I'm looking at all these movie replica jacket companies that seemed to have popped up in the last few months, and few years and wondering which companies are reliable. I know I can't expect to get a 100 percent replica for 200 bucks or less. But can get something that looks something similar. I just would love to see real photos of the actual product from people whom have actually ordered and not just rely on the stock photos, sometimes they just use a photo of the movie jacket for sales. Any help in this regard?

- - - Updated - - -

If you could show us a few pics, that would be awesome.

I'm looking at all these movie replica jacket companies that seemed to have popped up in the last few months, and few years and wondering which companies are reliable. I know I can't expect to get a 100 percent replica for 200 bucks or less. But can get something that looks something similar. I just would love to see real photos of the actual product from people whom have actually ordered and not just rely on the stock photos, sometimes they just use a photo of the movie jacket for sales. Any help in this regard?

- - - Updated - - -

If you could show us a few pics, that would be awesome.
87112c567e3f9b7c27e2568ec61f88c8.jpg
I got this one for under $200. It seems to be similar and works with the costume I'm putting together (without breaking the bank).

PB250003.JPGPB250004.JPGHere's the leather jacket from Sky-seller in the UK. I paid around 160.00 shipped to the US. It's better quality than expected but it does have black velcro closures. The flash lightened it a bit. I'm a men's 44 chest and the size large was perfect.

PB250001.JPGPB250002.JPGPB250001.JPG PB250001 (2).JPGFor the pants I am using the Dickies Slim Skinny stretch twill pants in dark brown from amazon. They are very slim and will hug your legs tightly (there's nothing worse than baggy Han Solo pants, which seem to plague almost every male Han Solo cosplay I've seen at various Cons). These run small so order one size up in the waist and keep the length short so they don't bunch up in the boots. The texture and color are VERY similiar to what Harrison Ford wears. The pants go from slim to very skinny below the knee, which is perfect for wearing knee high officer boots.

Last edited:
This was the jacket I got from American Leather Jackets. It's not TERRIBLE quality, but the pockets on the side for the Imperial Code Doohickies are comically big. The closure flap was way too big, too. When I realized they used the Matchless photo to sell me this jacket I was livid. I sent the jacket back and demanded a 100% refund. They offered me a refund sans the 20% restocking fee, which puts me $80.00 in the hole after shipping it back to Pakistan... (You read that right, AMERICAN Leather Jackets come from Pakistan...) Overall I would avoid this one. If you're going to spend $200 on this jacket just save a few more pennies up and get one of Danny's jackets. The difference in quality and accuracy will be well worth it.

20160105_211641-1_zpskzi1hwhb.jpg

20160105_211711-1_zpstimmtgby.jpg

20160105_211736-1_zpshhqghtur.jpg

20160104_194052-1_zpsx8uuhj7o.jpg

That's a pretty GREAT lookin' Ep.VII shirt, Magnoli!
:):thumbsup
When I first saw it I thought "Whoa, but does it hang open all the way down to mid-chest or is it stitched closed half-way up or something?"... but if I understand correctly it's got a velcro strip inside the split... Is that right?

Does it run the full length of the opening, or how far does it go? Can you give us a little description of it to us?
(Or, at least, do a better job than I just did!) LOL ;)

Thanks!

Just added our EpVII "Solo Shirt" to our website:

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/images/extra_images/original/extra-image-1712.jpg

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/solo-shirt-shirts-p-659.html

And yes, I know he doesn't have a Corellian Bloodstripe in TFA... but he should have.

What have people decided for jacket greeblies? I read somewhere that people were looking at E Cig batteries, and after looking at the gas station the other day I must say they fit the bill, but at $25.00 a pop I had hoped to find a cheaper alternative... Anyone know of anything? Also, does anyone know if the pants had pockets? I know that to get RL approved the Solo pants aren't supposed to have pockets, but that's one of those things that's just really annoying, especially when it comes to functionality. Can't wait to see this come together and for my first event with this new gear.

IMG_20160111_173319960.jpgIMG_20160111_173332852.jpgThe E cig battery idea was genius (whoever suggested it). They look dead on to me. These are the 110m batteries in silver. Purchased from Ebay for 4.99 each (free shipping).

I got mine from Film Jacket today. It was small for a medium. The Han Solo jacket looks short in The Force Awakens but the one I got is closer to Joey Ramone short. The quality isn't bad for the price. I'll post some pics after I take a few.

Have you posted pics of your Film Jacket yet? Curious about it and would like to hear more opinions.

Mark

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back