Han Solo Ep 7 costume

Sevv

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts/insights into Hans new costume? Is that shirt / jacket custom or can we source it?

I cant be the only one thinking about this :)

There's no way they bought any off the rack items for this movie (shoes seemingly being the exception). All the garments are going to be custom made.

Yeah I agree... thats what I feared unfortunately.

Hopefully enough shots will be released before the films out to get one costume made.

I have no idea...but if my inbox isn't flooded with thousands of photos of the new holster, so I can get a super screen accurate pattern out for all of you ASAP...I will be very, very sad face.

Well, small thing, but based on the drape, the jacket (I'm thinking jacket rather than long coat) looks like it's the same range of light-weight lamb or goat that the raiders jacket was made out of.

I was hoping to see more activity on this thread since the new Vanity Fair cover image was released a few days ago. Does anybody have some info to share?

Is the jacket brown or blue, it's that bloody dress again or the hoth coat

Looks like a very dark brown used-look leather jacket.
han-solo-2015.jpg

Is the jacket brown or blue, it's that bloody dress again or the hoth coat

I truly believe that as a SW fan himself J.J. Abrams knew about that Hoth Jacket blue vs brown mix-up and thus may have asked the FX team of Annie Leibowitz to recreate that same confusion as a continuous running gag ;) ... In the video of that photoshoot it's clearly brown on Harrison ... on the Vanity Fair cover picture that same jacket suddenly seems very blue-ish :wacko

Chaim

Completely AGREE with Sym-Cha about the blue/brown toying (and J.J. knowing about it and he -or someone there- knowing EXACTLY what they're doing with this 'color-tease' thing)
It's kinda' frustrating, YEAH... But also kinda' FUN ;)

Something else I wanted to add to this conversation, though:
In the video showing the behind-the-scenes of the shoot, Ford hugs Annie and his jacket rides up a little when she puts her arm around him...
Definitely DOES look like a waist-length jacket and not a long duster style coat (of course he might wear several different coat in the movie, too...)

OMG. I can't believe there are not more photos. Oh, the anticipation.
Maybe Han will just wear on of the old holsters/blasters to save time and money.... ;)

OMG. I can't believe there are not more photos. Oh, the anticipation.
Maybe Han will just wear on of the old holsters/blasters to save time and money.... ;)

From what I can tell it is designed from the ESB version, but it is unlikely they would use or even have al old one to use. Hip size, and realities of making movies pretty mich guarentees it will be a brand new build. The question is how many tweaks/changes will we see.

At this point, I was hoping for more pictures but all I can find is the Vanity Fair photo and the one concept art print.

A leather ESB jacket would look great but that would be an expensive guess if proven wrong when more photos are available.

From what I can tell it is designed from the ESB version, but it is unlikely they would use or even have al old one to use. Hip size, and realities of making movies pretty mich guarentees it will be a brand new build. The question is how many tweaks/changes will we see.

I remember hearing Steven Spielberg saying the HF was able to fit into his original Indiana Jones pants from the first film before filming Indy 4. If true... that's pretty dang impressive! But I'm pretty sure that the HS character will have newly designed holster. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back