Hammerhead Corvette 1/127 Scale Rogue One Build

Just wanted to share a couple of updated photos of where the HH resides. I made the base so I can easily switch it out with my Korbanth Blockade Runner also.
PXL_20210810_165153471.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210810_165308932.jpg
    PXL_20210810_165308932.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
I've been seriously missing the RPF, and build threads specifically. With all that's been going on in the world, I've had an abundance of time
and wanted to try my hand at scratch building something. I've built a Y-Wing from the ground up, but with the help of digital files and DaveG's parts. I've been really liking the Rogue One Hammerhead and was initially satisfied to wait for Randy Cooper to come out with his. I decided I wanted a bigger version and thought why not! I don't have easy access to a 3D printer, so I'm approaching this old school style.
View attachment 1300104
View attachment 1300106

The Lightmaker from Rogue One has limited reference, but there are a lot of 3D renderings out there to compare. I'm staying away from the cartoon design, which is chunky and less detailed. The film asset is much more slender and has more engine, extensions, and detail. I came across this video from TROS that gives the actual dimensions.
At 34 seconds there is a computer shot of the ships size of 380.57' (116 m) Here is the link to the video:
See How Star Wars' Most Impressive Fleet Was Created in This Exclusive Rise of Skywalker Clip
View attachment 1300102

Like the Blockade Runner, the Hammerhead is built off cylindrical telescoping tubes. I started with the widest pipe being 3" and scaled it in photoshop. I was left with my ship being 36" 1/127 scale. It's really rough right now, but here's where I'm at.
View attachment 1300117
View attachment 1300118
View attachment 1300119View attachment 1300120View attachment 1300121View attachment 1300122
Just found this thread in featured posts. Looking awesome so far.
How did you do that black pvc pipe diameter transition in the 4th image from top?

This build is inspiring. Looking at your work and the reference image made me recall my summer 2016...
I was a finalist in 3 grueling months of the 3 stages of ILM Star Wars Design Challenge.

When I saw the film I wondered if one of my story moment concept sketches may have helped inspire the Hammerhead ram scene. Maybe, maybe not, but another of my designs got the ILM favorite stamp and showed up in another show, so maybe.

This Hammerhead Corvette is so rad and Rogue One's my fav of all the SW films since George sold it. John and Gareth did it proper.

Attachments

• Hammerhead_Crash_comp.jpg
    Hammerhead_Crash_comp.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 80
Wow I don't see how I missed this build Super out of the park workman ship love it looks just like it studio scale all the way Thanks for sharing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back