Halo warthog build (power wheels)

Re: Halo warthog Mini build

It would be awesome to have a buggy with mini Spartans ready for battle. Possibly could do that. Yes, safety is key. It is not complete yet still more to come. I have a show to take it to so we rushed this part to look neat. I guess I should see if I can edit the title... Doubt it but I will try. what would be a good title if I can change it?

Good to hear about safety being a point of production.
Hope the show goes great!

Do you have any plans on trying to reduce the vibrational noise? It's not a problem really, it just makes the thing sound hollow. I have no idea how you could reduce it though. Padding the wheel housings?
Another question: did you put the steering wheel in a centered position to make it easier to construct, or was it for some other reason?

As for the title, I would suggest something that gives some info on what it is modeled after, what scale it is and the fact that it is a working model.
"Functional Halo Warthog (Kid size)" or a similar title might do it. The current title with "mini" in it, while technically correct, draws the mind to something you can hold in your hand. It also doesn't mention that this thing moves about independently, not to mention it has working suspension.

If you click edit on the opening post, and then "more reply options", you can change the thread title.

looks amazing, although that steering wheel looks uncomfortable.

it just makes the thing sound hollow. I have no idea how you could reduce it though.
automotive sound deadening. either matts or spray on. most cars have it under the carpet.

I do have a spray in bed liner machine. I could do that as a final thing. The hollow noise is because.... Well it is. Steering wheel is a little uncomfortable. There isn't much room for anything big. the steering in the center was an aftermath fix. I built it to fit my daughter... She still grows even when I don't work on the hog.

Mystic you still playing ball? I haven't played in almost a yr. I was supposed to go up to Gainseville this past weekend for Jesters game.. didn't go. Hope to see this thing in person sometime.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back